Create Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Version

As per the title. Is there any way to create a version of a photo. To edit it and keep the original. I sometimes like to edit the same photo in different ways.

Develop Mode has a feature called "snapshot" that i use for that purpose. It is located at the top of the Develop editing tree. Click on the icon that looks a little bit like the blades of a camera lens aperture blades.

Comment

Instead of snapshots, I still prefer hard links for my raw files.

Comment

I will look at both 'Snapshot' and 'Hard Links'.

I am old fashion. I save the picture under a new name normally, by adding _v2, _v3 to the file name. The _v tells me that I have modified the picture and saves a new version of it. I use the same naming convention of other stuff too. Excel files, word docs and more. Simple and works well.

I have been thinking of creating a separate keyword or something like that. It will make it easy to search for pictures where I have done some changes. I have not come down to that jet. Is something already exist I will give it a go.

Comment

In most ACDSee save menus you have both a "save as" and "save a copy" option for doing what mogle proposes

Niels

Comment

Working...
          X