Feature Request: Option to Chose Between ACDsee Keywords and IPTC Keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Option to Chose Between ACDsee Keywords and IPTC Keywords

I am using keywords very extensively. The most efficient way for me is the Keywords Pane that can be activated from the menu Panes->Keywords. The problem is that this writes the keywords to the XMP-acdsee section which other programs can't read. I understand I could either drag images on a keyword in the Catalog pane or go to the Properties pane and under the Metadata tab enter keywords in the Keywords field. Although there is a shortcut (Alt+K) to get the Keywords field it's still VERY inefficient. I wish ACDsee

* has an option to define if keywords should be written to the XMP-acdsee or IPTC section or both when I put a check mark on a keyword in the Keywords Pane section.
    * looks at both the ACDsee and IPTC section when doing a Catalog Files and shows that in the Keywords Pane and Keywords section of the Catalog pane (so I can filter for keywords no matter if they are in the ACDsee or IPTC section)
    * can synchronize keywords across the aCDsee and IPTC section and automatically avoid duplicates. IPTC is really where keywords should be but this synchronization allows for some backward compatibility for older versions of ACDsee. It also allows long time users who have keywords in the ACDsee section to automatically migrate those keywords to IPTC tags (there is a manually way to do this).

Right now I have to do all of this with exiftool which is really quite cumbersome and it takes some time to learn how to do this. This should really be built into ACDsee.

Agree.

An alternative option would be that ACDSee had a plug-in for exiftool. That would allow you to trigger these batch operations from within ACDSee?

Comment

Don't mix it. AC-keywords and IPTC-Keywords are completely different worlds; imho all they share is their names!
      • AC-keywords support hierarchy, IPTC-keywords don't
      • Both have partly different charsets, AC-keywords are more restrictive
      • AC-keywords currently have an annoying bug: https://forum.acdsee.com/forum/acdse...2020-dead-slow
      • Copying keywords from one world into the other with "Meta data presets" (CTRL-M) has it's own quirks: E.g. AC-keywords don't allow double quotes, IPTC-keywords do. Copying these from IPTC to AC works just fine, Even enbeding words, but cataloguing will filter it and replace the double quotes with underscores. Boing!
      • . . .
      Originally posted by mogle View Post
      An alternative option would be that ACDSee had a plug-in for exiftool. That would allow you to trigger these batch operations from within ACDSee?
      This already is possible with "External editors". However, the support for long lists of files is limited. AFAIR, the concatenated string of all full qualified paths of the selected files must not be any longer that 1024 chars.
      Last edited by Emil; 03-13-2020, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X