X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Emil View Post
    I'm using Build 2922 from 2022-04-13. The faulty image shown is page 3, page 1 seems OK.

I'm also on Build 2922 but I don't get your color change here on page 3

Click image for larger version  Name:	Page 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.9 KB ID:	60435

But page 4 is upside down in both the page view and the main view

Click image for larger version  Name:	Page 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	60436

and page 6 is a completely different color.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Page 6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.7 KB ID:	60437

When I open the TIFF in GIMP it give a choice of opening it as multi-layer or multi image.
    If I choose multi-image it opens the 6 pages as tabs and when I select a tab it shows the Page name as a layer name.

So:
    With Tab 1 selected, the single later is named Page 4
    With Tab 2 selected, the single later is named Page 3 (and is upside down
    With Tab 3 selected, the single later is named Page 2
    With Tab 4 selected, the single later is named Page 1
    With Tab 5 selected, the single later is named Background
    With Tab 6 selected the single layer is named Multi_page (and that is the one with the black background).

and if I open it and choose to have it open as multi-layer this is what I get
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Gimp multi-layer.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	60438

Maybe just a tad confusing.

Leave a comment:

• AliGW
    replied
    Yes - I was just confirming the findings/expected behaviour, really.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by AliGW View Post
    Ultimate 2022 Build 2922

If I load Hector's into Edit, I get just one page. It won't open in Develop mode.
    That is correct. ACDSee Ultimate only really supports viewing Multipage TIFF's in View Mode.

It doesn't support multi-page or multi-layer TIFF's at all in Develop mode.
    By default Edit mode will open the TIFF as a single page (first page) only, however as Emil has mentioned, if you open the TIFF in View mode, select a different page and then switch to Edit mode, Edit will open that page only.

Leave a comment:

• AliGW
    replied
    Ultimate 2022 Build 2922

If I load Hector's into Edit, I get just one page. It won't open in Develop mode.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AliGW; 04-21-2022, 10:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Emil
    replied
    Originally posted by Greyfox View Post
    The colors here in U2022 v15.1 build 2022 View Mode seem OK here
    I'm using Build 2922 from 2022-04-13. The faulty image shown is page 3, page 1 seems OK.

Leave a comment:

• hectorsm
    replied
    Originally posted by AliGW View Post
    From the 15.1 2922 changelog:
    My Tiffs are displaying correctly in View mode (two pages), so the specific issue motioned in the release notes was not affecting me. It looks like maybe there were certain Tiffs that did not display correctly in View mode for some people. The issue that OP brought up was related to the Developer mode which is the same issue I have.

I'll be using DNG exports from now on, that should hopefully solve the issue.

thanks!

Hector

Leave a comment:

• hectorsm
    replied
    Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

The download is a two page TIFF. Opens OK in ACDSee Ultimate 2022 View mode - see screen shot below.
    It also opens a a single page 4016 x 6016 x 48 bit single page TIFF in U2022's Edit mode.

Strangely whilst it only opens as a single page TIFF in Edit mode, if I export it from there without making any changes as a TIFF, the exported TIFF remains as two page, however if I make a change, the exported TIFF becomes a single page that can be opened in Develop Mode.

Click image for larger version Name:	Two page Tiff.jpg Views:	0 Size:	271.2 KB ID:	60402
    I've noticed the same thing too. Maybe the tiff is "flattened" when it get saved. But, I'm not really sure what's going behind the scenes.

DNG might be a better way to go. I'll be giving that a try the next time I need to do an external edit. It only about 5-10% of my total file edits anyway.

Thanks!

Hector

Leave a comment:

• AliGW
    replied
    From the 15.1 2922 changelog:

!! Fixed an issue that prevented certain multipage .tif files from displaying all pages in View mode.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Emil View Post
    View mode with multipage TIFF seems broken to me:
    The colors here in U2022 v15.1 build 2022 View Mode seem OK here

Click image for larger version  Name:	Multipage Tiff.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.5 KB ID:	60411
    I wonder whether it might be something with the German version ?
    Last edited by Greyfox; 04-21-2022, 03:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Emil
    replied
    View mode with multipage TIFF seems broken to me:

ACv8 vs ACv15:

Click image for larger version

Name:	v8.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	60406Click image for larger version

Name:	v15.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	60407

Try attached sample.

After switching to edit mode in v15 the colours seem correct to me. Just select the page you want and switch to edit mode.
    Switching to develop mode of course isn't possible. AC never supported developing multipage TIFF.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by hectorsm View Post

Here's a download link from Filemail. I checked and It's not read only.
    The download is a two page TIFF. Opens OK in ACDSee Ultimate 2022 View mode - see screen shot below.
    It also opens a a single page 4016 x 6016 x 48 bit single page TIFF in U2022's Edit mode.

Strangely whilst it only opens as a single page TIFF in Edit mode, if I export it from there without making any changes as a TIFF, the exported TIFF remains as two page, however if I make a change, the exported TIFF becomes a single page that can be opened in Develop Mode.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Two page Tiff.jpg Views:	0 Size:	271.2 KB ID:	60402

Last edited by Greyfox; 04-20-2022, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hectorsm
    replied
    Originally posted by Regor250 View Post
    I see no mention of the possibility that the file is set/seen as Read Only. Check file properties, the first thing I would do if it were me. If you could provide the file that would be helpful.
    Here's a download link from Filemail. I checked and It's not read only.

https://www.filemail.com/d/djgyzhhmcfunonj

thanks,

Hector

Leave a comment:

• Regor250
    replied
    I see no mention of the possibility that the file is set/seen as Read Only. Check file properties, the first thing I would do if it were me. If you could provide the file that would be helpful.
    Last edited by Regor250; 04-20-2022, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hectorsm
    replied
    Just wanted to post this "solution" for the benefit of anyone who might be having the same issue.

Someone in the DXO forum suggested that I export to a linear DNG my PL5 raw edits. That seems to work well. I have not fully tested everything yet, so far, I'm not having any issues and it reduces the steps in my workflow. Therefore, all I have to do from now on, is to make sure I export everything from another software as a DNG file before importing it into ACDSee. I think most software packages out there will support DNG.

I have not gotten a formal response from DXO yet regarding the Tiff exports, but that does not matter much at this point.

Thanks to everyone for providing feedback on this!

Hector

Leave a comment:

• hectorsm
    replied
    I've contacted DXO support about getting a single page Tiff exported. I'm just curious to know what they have to say.

Hector

Leave a comment:

Working...
X