Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on workflow - ACDSee's order of operations and starting bottom tool bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on workflow - ACDSee's order of operations and starting bottom tool bar

Hi All..

I just lost 40 or so hours of work in ACDSee 2020 ultimate and now have to restart again. So can someone help me with a couple of questions?

In a folder view in Manage Mode

1. open folder- (browse mode) .
    2. assign keywords to images in the folder.
    3. embed metadata in all files.

at this point one would think that the metadata would be there but is does not appear to until you run the database -->catalog files--> then have to specify the folder (terrible dialog box when add folder is pressed), then start, after which when completed, the metadata WILL be embedded in the photo.

Doing this back and forth one folder at a time so don't forget to do the catalog function) is excruciatingly painful and not efficient. ( i have some other comments about this as well but not here).

So my question here is ... will I get the same result if I database-->catalog files--> add a bunch of folders first, then go back and do culling, key-wording, rating etc. THEN do the embed metadata in all files, and have it work as I would hope - i.e. everything there so if the files go to someone else with ACDSee, the ACDSee meta data will be there?

And while you are reading this, how do you turn on the bottom toolbar in view mode? Have searched the user guide and nowhere does it tell me how to turn it on. I t was there, but I think I managed to turn it off and now cannot get it back.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

You are not stating whether you are trying to assign keywords in IPTC or ACDSee metadata. But let us assume you are trying to use IPTC keywords. If you have the Properties metadata pane open, as soon as you enter anything into an IPTC field there is a button called assign at the top right. Click that before moving to your next photo(s)!

Niels

Comment

Originally posted by njlarsen View Post
      You are not stating whether you are trying to assign keywords in IPTC or ACDSee metadata. But let us assume you are trying to use IPTC keywords. If you have the Properties metadata pane open, as soon as you enter anything into an IPTC field there is a button called assign at the top right. Click that before moving to your next photo(s)!

Niels
      njlarsen, I think the button is called "Apply"...
      FWIW, also after pressing the "enter" key after editing the IPTC keyword seems to do the same as the "Apply" button.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for responding. Much appreciated. I was actually referring to the ACDSee metadata not the IPTC stuff (have yet to explore how and when AI would use this... probably for RAW files.
        As for the boittom toolbar... yikes... its in the tools menu.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X