Folder tree doesn't expand to level of image in Manage Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder tree doesn't expand to level of image in Manage Mode

Hello, I just installed Ultimate 2020 on both my old (Windows 7) and new PC (Windows 10). I took the options from my old PC to the new PC. However when I start ACDSEE on the old PC it goes to the latest openend folder and the folder tree is expanded to the same level. When I do the same on the new PC the folder tree doesn't expand at all. When I click at the locations above the images (this PC/Images/2020/Example 1 etc) on the old PC the folder tree moves with what I click. The folder tree on the new PC doesn't do anything.
    It seems I missed something? Any input is appreciated.

Did you tell the new ACD where the pictures are?

Comment

Originally posted by Edvard View Post
      Did you tell the new ACD where the pictures are?
      Thanks for your input. If you mean in options "Home Folder" than yes. F:\Pictures
      I moved the location of "Pictures" to my F drive. In Dutch that is "Afbeeldingen" which I see in Windows Explorer, but in ACDSEE options when I click that folder it's F:\Pictures.

Comment

Take some pictures and transfer them to F inside the ACD. If you see them in the database run the catalog.

Comment

You mean copy some pictures from another drive and paste them into a folder inside F:\ ? And by running the catalog, you mean "Catalog Files" ? If so, that's what I just did. I had to restart about 4 times. ACDSEE stopped and exited. The last time it went through. When I restart nothing changed.
          I was told by ACDSEE support that on Windows 10 it works like my PC does. I guess you run Windows 10 and don't have that issue?

Comment

Take some pictures with the camera and transfer to F drive. I'm on W7.

Comment

Originally posted by 4BYE View Post
              ...when I start ACDSEE on the old PC it goes to the latest openend folder and the folder tree is expanded to the same level. When I do the same on the new PC the folder tree doesn't expand at all. When I click at the locations above the images (this PC/Images/2020/Example 1 etc) on the old PC the folder tree moves with what I click. The folder tree on the new PC doesn't do anything.....
              On Windows 10 Pro, the start folder will depend on whether the Tools->>Options->Manage Mode "Remember from previous session" box is ticked or not. If it is ticked, it will start on the last folder selected in the previous session. If it's not ticked, it will start on the Home folder.

Either way, on a Windows 10 PC, when I open ACDSee PS Ultimate 2020, and select the Folders tab, the tree is open and the selected folder highlighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Edvard View Post
                Take some pictures with the camera and transfer to F drive. I'm on W7.
                I don't have the problem on Windows 7 PC!

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

On Windows 10 Pro, the start folder will depend on whether the Tools->>Options->Manage Mode "Remember from previous session" box is ticked or not. If it is ticked, it will start on the last folder selected in the previous session. If it's not ticked, it will start on the Home folder.

Either way, on a Windows 10 PC, when I open ACDSee PS Ultimate 2020, and select the Folders tab, the tree is open and the selected folder highlighted.
                  http://4bye.nl/ACDSEE%2001.jpg

This what happens when I exit on this level and start up again...

However when I exit in the "Downloads" folder that's on D: drive it does open the folder tree at the "Downloads" level.

http://4bye.nl/ACDSEE%2002.jpg

So I'm thinking now that moving "Pictures" to the F: drive is what causes the problem. I did the same exiting some folders on my E: drive. When restarting ACDSEE it goes back to that folder and the folder tree is at that level too.
                  (I couldn't upload the images, so I hope the pictures in the links provided will show up)

Comment

After I figured out every other drive would work except the F: drive I changed the "Pictures" location to it's original location. Of course I didn't choose the option to copy all the images to the new location. After I did that everything worked like a charm. One way or another, moving the "Pictures" location to the F: drive screwed things up. Now the "Pictures" is back to it's original location, somewhere on C:\

What bothers me a little is the fact that support writes me in an e-mail that it's the behavior of Windows 10 and obviously that isn't the case. I know it's always hard to figure out people's problems. At least I figured it out and can work exactly the way I was used to on the old PC.

Thanks everybody for your help and suggestions. Maybe one day somebody else will have the same issue and can find a solution on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X