Mobile Sync dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Sync dead

I'm running ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020. I recently upgraded from Pro 2020 to the Gold subscription.

My Mobile Sync will not start. I have Bonjour installed and running, but when I right-click the taskbar icon and click "Start ACDSee Mobile Sync", the cursor will move really slow for about 10 seconds, then frees back up. If I right click on the taskbar icon again, the "Start Mobile Sync" is available again - so I assume it's dying while trying to start up.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Hi Grimper,

I have a few ideas that may help resolve this, but nothing certain.

First, you might want to try restarting your computer if you haven't already. A cliché I know, but it might help.

I was able to reproduce the issue you described by disabling the Bonjour Service. So can you please double-check that Bonjour is running? In the Task Manager > Processes tab, there should be a "Bonjour Service" entry under Background processes. Or check the Services tab, and see if the Bonjour Service is listed as Running. If it's not running, you may need to open the Services list and set Bonjour to Automatic startup type, and then start the service from the Task Manager's Services tab.

What versions of ACDSee and Bonjour do you have installed? If you open Control Panel > Uninstall a Program, you can find the version number of both ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020 and Bonjour. The latest version of Ultimate 2020 is 13.0.2.2057, and your Bonjour version is probably either 3.0.0.10 or 3.1.0.1.

If you open Windows Defender Firewall > Advanced settings, and check the Inbound Rules, do you have rules listed for both ACDSee Commander Ultimate 2020 and Bonjour Service? They should show a green check mark if they are configured and enabled properly. I've attached a screenshot showing what to look for.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Thanks for your reply! Yes Bonjour is running, but mine in "Details" says it's version 1.0.6.2 (!!) What the heck! Let me try to find a download for the newest Bonjour.

If I just delete it, then reinstall ACDSee -- will it install the Bonjour it needs?

thanks!

Comment

Hi Grimper,

That definitely sounds like it could be the cause. I would recommend uninstalling it and installing a newer version.

After uninstalling Bonjour, you can use the ACDSee installer to install a newer version, 3.0.0.10. You don't actually need to reinstall ACDSee; if you run the latest installer, even if ACDSee is already installed, it will check for and install Bonjour immediately. By the time you reach the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard" page, Bonjour should already be installed. At that point, you should be able to cancel out of the installer, refresh Programs and Features, and see Bonjour in the list.

I found that after I uninstalled and reinstalled Bonjour, I had to restart ACDSee Commander to get it to work. You can find ACDSee Commander Ultimate 2020 in the Task Manager, end the task, then run the main application to restart Commander. At that point the Mobile Sync server should be running automatically.

Thanks,
        Tristan H.
        ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
        X