Quick and easy 'auto enhance' option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick and easy 'auto enhance' option?

I may be missing it, and it probably goes against the editing power of ACDSee Ultimate, but is there a quick and easy "Auto Enhance" option in Ultimate that may give a good starting point for a quick enhance option for photos where you may not want to spend a lot of time, but just need a quick brightness or level adjust.

Thanks.

Hello kidhazy - I primarily use Develop Mode. My approach to getting a good starting point is to use Batch Develop. It does about exactly what you are looking for. You can update an entire photo shoot in one operation. I have several user presets created for exactly this purpose.

Another similar approach is to Develop a sample image (e.g. the first image) -- make your "quick brightness and level adjusts" to your taste -- then use Copy & Paste Settings in Develop Mode to apply these adjustments to all the rest of the images.

Comment

Originally posted by kidhazy View Post
      I may be missing it, and it probably goes against the editing power of ACDSee Ultimate, but is there a quick and easy "Auto Enhance" option in Ultimate that may give a good starting point for a quick enhance option for photos where you may not want to spend a lot of time, but just need a quick brightness or level adjust.

Thanks.
      Yes, but they are (almost) exclusively found in the EDIT module, not DEVELOP (for some reason - hopefully someone can chime in with the thinking behind it! )

Comment

Originally posted by kidhazy View Post
        Depends what one sees as a good starting point.
        Ex camera JPG's are what the camera manufacturer thinks is a good stab at it.
        In the case of RAW images, it is the basic development done for that type of RAW image when it is opened in the software, and that can vary widely from application to application. For instance some RAW development software applies a tone curve, some doesn't and that makes a huge difference in what you see when the image has fully opened in the software.

It also depends on what one sees as enhancing an image.
        What you might see as enhancement may not be seen as such by others, and vice versa and that applies to auto enhancement.

If you personally want a quick brightness or level adjust to make your images "POP" (if you think that enhances them) then you could look at using some of the included presets in Develop mode (there are lots in Ultimate 2021, for instance for landscape try POP or for portrait try PUNCH), or even making some custom presets of your own.
        Last edited by Greyfox; 11-04-2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X