Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export

Hi,

is there a way to exclude the 'Maker Notes' Metadata on export?

The problem behind:
    My php based gallery (Piwigo) has problems to read the GPS data when the exported jpg contains this maker notes.
    As far as I know other programs (photoshop, On1) automatically 'strip' this data when exporting as a jpg.

Cheers
    Ralf

Try Tools / Metadata / Remove on the exported images. But for me it's much to coarse and also illogical. How can exported images be managed with AC - they have left it.

We use a Piwigo gallery too and rewrite all meta data of exported images with exiftool to not only filter the existing meta data but also add, copy and move various tags before upload. E.g. we remove all ACDSee tags and maker notes, but add some standard tags like copyright notice.

Comment

Hi,
      exiftool from command line or exiftool-gui is that what I use at the moment too :-)

What I have setup:
      Created a batch workflow (resize, watermark, save(export) as jpg.
      In the final window of the batch edit, I leave the option "explore with ACDSee" ticket.
      Now in my export directory, I launch exiftool-gui as an external editor and from there I delete the Makers notes.
      Done.

Not the most elegant workflow but a workflow I can live with.

Comment

If I understand your course correctly, the result is a jpg image with no camera data and other photo data. You can edit this in export by removing the check mark somewhere at the bottom right.

Comment

Hi Edvard,

I am talking only about the 'Maker Notes' - not the other Exif and IPTC Data - they should remain.

What I am missing is an option to choose which Metadata will be exported.

Ralf

Comment

Working...
          X