merging keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merging keywords

I'd like to merge two keywords (with several sub-keywords)! Let's say I have United States and United-States. I've tried to go in categories and then drag the first one to the second one but did not work. So I can use the left panel "Catalogue" then drag the first keyword to the second one, but the keywords are not really merged as the first keyword (and the sub-keywords) becomes a sub-keywords of the second one. Could you help?

Originally posted by Jackicks View Post
    I'd like to merge two keywords (with several sub-keywords)! Let's say I have United States and United-States. I've tried to go in categories and then drag the first one to the second one but did not work. So I can use the left panel "Catalogue" then drag the first keyword to the second one, but the keywords are not really merged as the first keyword (and the sub-keywords) becomes a sub-keywords of the second one. Could you help?
    My suggestion, based on your example, would be to decide to have only United States, or only United-States.
    For the sake of example, say you decide on having only United-States.

Select Catalog->Keywords->United States. That will bring up all the photos using the unwanted keyword United States.
    Use Ctrl A to select all of those photos.
    Under Properties-Metadata->Organize there should now be a white on blue tick against the keyword United States and no tick against the keyword United-States.
    Tick the box for United-States to add that keyword to all of the selected photos, then un-tick the box against the keyword United States. You will be asked to confirm you want to proceed with the removal, click on yes. It might take a short time for the change to take effect.

If you are embedding your ACDC metadata, re-embed the changes whilst the photos are still selected.

You can then delete the now unused keyword United States.

Last edited by Greyfox; 07-26-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X