Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three questions from a newbie on the forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three questions from a newbie on the forum...

My language is French. So I'm sorry for my bad English...
    I'm now using Ultimate 2019 and should want to buy the 2021 release. Before to buy, I have three questions :
    1. Is it possible to create a keybord shortcut for an access to reverse geotagging ?
    2. Is it possible to have 7 color labels in place of 5 ?
    3. Is it possible to export all the personalized settings and import them in the next release (2021 doesn't exist yet in French).
    Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Framon View Post
    Is it possible to create a keybord shortcut for an access to reverse geotagging ?
    No idea, I don't use geotagging.

Is it possible to have 7 color labels in place of 5 ?
    You can have several sets of colour labels, but each has five colours only. In manage mode catalogue view click on the gear wheel at the labels section.
    I fact the colours labels are string fields you an fill with any text. The labels sets are just helpers to fill this field with predefined values.

Is it possible to export all the personalized settings and import them in the next release.
    Read this.

Comment

OK, Emil, thank you so much.
      If I understand correctly, we can create several label color sets but it's not possible to modify the colors. I found this in the online help menu

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seven color labels.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	53904

Maybe, another user can response for the geotagging ???

I can't wait to try Ultimate 2021...
      Last edited by Framon; 10-16-2020, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Framon View Post
        I found this in the online help menu
        Oops, do you have a link? In AC CTRL1- CTRL5 are used for ratings.

Comment

Here is the link : http://help.acdsystems.com/en/acdsee...olorLabels.htm

Maybe it's only for Mac...? Indeed, to attribute color labels with Windows version, it's whith [Alt]. But only from 0 to 5.
          Last edited by Framon; 10-16-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

In the Windows version of Ultimate 2021 you can create multiple color label sets, however each set has the same colors (red/yellow/green/blue/purple) and you cannot have blank/unlabeled colors. Also, if you create a new label set you must change the name of each color or else images will continue to show up under the default settings when filtering. To change between label sets, navigate to the catalog pane and select the gear icon next to labels.

Comment

Thanks, bmcnich. I knew it but my wish was to get 7 different colors to sync with another photo editing software.
              I will create 7 new categories in ACDSee. It does not matter.

Comment

Working...
              X