Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 version - crop acting funny

Hi,
    Whem I'm cropping an image in edit-mode in the 2021 ultimate version, the cropping tool acts all funny. It feels like it's trying to get all smart and tries to predict which part of the image I'm trying to crop while I'm enlarging the crop-area. The 2020 version definitely did not do this.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    Or is this a new feature (that can be de-activated)?

kind regards,

Tom

Originally posted by tomvdyck View Post
    Hi,
    Whem I'm cropping an image in edit-mode in the 2021 ultimate version, the cropping tool acts all funny. It feels like it's trying to get all smart and tries to predict which part of the image I'm trying to crop while I'm enlarging the crop-area. The 2020 version definitely did not do this.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    Or is this a new feature (that can be de-activated)?
    I think what you are describing may just be the effect of having "Enable relative positioning" enabled. This was not in 2020.
    With that disabled, the 2021 Crop tool seems to work the same way as it did in the 2020 version.

That setting is remembered. If you untick it, and then complete a crop, it will remain unticked. However if you don't want to use the relative positioning function you need to make sure it is unticked before saving any preset crops.

Comment

I've considered the relative positioning option, but even when it is inactive, the cropping tools acts funny, especially when the mouse cursor is closing in on the edge of the picture.
      I've made a video of both the 2020 and the 2021 behaviour.
      In the 2020 video, the point where I start drawing the cropping area (=first click) remains fixed, no matter where I drag the area to.
      In the 2021 video, when I come close to the picture's edges, the cropping area jumps to a new position.
      The 2021 screen capture : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gr...fcQnE-1hkp8UzC
      The 2020 screen capture : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yI...9Uie5Eo5cGetcF

Comment

I was not able to access the video, but the behavior that you describe is what I am seeing as well. And I have not used that crop option. It seems to just occur when the image area is being constrained. With a free form crop, I do not see the issue. But most of the time I want to crop with a certain aspect ratio, so it has been a pain to work with. I opened up a support case for this and I am waiting for feedback.

Comment

TomD, you are right : the issue only occurs with 'constraint cropping proportion' active. A free form crop does not suffer from the issue.

Comment

This is definitely a bug. I was able to reproduce the issue when using the crop tool in Edit mode. It's more apparent with 'constrain cropping position' enabled; however even the free crop appears jittery. The crop tool in Develop mode works appropriately and does not have the issue.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We just released a new update, the issue should be fixed in the update.

Regards,

Shakil H.
              ACD Systems

Comment

hi Shakil,

I just installed the update and can confirm the issue is fixed.
                Thanks!

kind regards,

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X