How can i rename my ACDsee database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i rename my ACDsee database

got stuck with default name and i'd rather make it something more descriptive.

Hi Riverboat.

The way I do this is to:

Quit ACDSee
    Go to C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\ACD Systems\Catalogs\140Ult (for Ultimate 2021 - 130Ult for Ultimate 2020, etc)
    There are two entries, one a folder 'default' and one a file 'default.dbn'
    Change the name of both the folder and dbn file to the new name you would like, i.e. newname and newname.dbn
    Start ACDSee
    It will open an empty database
    Go to 'File/Database/Open and click on the dbn file you have just renamed
    ACDSee will restart with your old database with its new name.
    If you want, go to C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\ACD Systems\Catalogs\140Ult and delete the empty default folder and default.dbn

May I suggest you either backup the database or make a temporary copy of the default folder and default.dbn file first...

Let me know what happens!

Comment

I'm afraid that doesn't work for me.
      I upgraded from Ultimate 20 to Ultimate 21. This forced me to convert? the database. So when i rename Default, it will not open.
      Error is :
      ACDSee cannot open the following database due to incompatible version. Which is strange, how can it be an incompatible version when it's the one I've been using for the last month?
      This, and the juggling you have to do to access both your photos and database from different PC's drives me mad about this program.

Comment

I also upgraded from 20 to 21 and upgraded the database. And I then changed the name as outlined above. I had no problems. Very strange!

Comment

Working...
        X