Nik Collection Plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nik Collection Plugins

I know these plugins worked in the past and listed as supported in ACDSee web site, but all I get when launching them is a quick flash dialog box, too fast to read and the plugin does not load. Is it just me or do others have issues with them?
    Last edited by Regor250; 11-12-2020, 06:33 AM.

Originally posted by Regor250 View Post
    I know these plugins worked in the past and listed as supported in ACDSee web site, but all I get when launching them is a quick flash dialog box, too fast to read and the plugin does not load. Is it just me or do others have issues with them?
    I no longer have the NIk Collection to check with on Ultimate 2021, but I seem to recall when I did a trial with them back on Ultimate 2020 that at least one of them would open behind the ACDSee screen, and I had to click on its icon in the task bar to switch to it.. Possibly worth checking.

Comment

Unfortunately that isn't the case. It just goes away and not even show in the Task Manager, but that was a good suggestion.

Comment

I am using Silver Efex Pro with Ultimate 2021. It works fine.

Comment

I have used all Nik Collection plugins since 2010 with all versions of ACDSee through Ult 2021 without any problems. I use them a lot, especially Color Efex Pro 4 and Viveza 2. They launch without fail. Have you tried re-installing Nik when the plugins don't launch?
          Last edited by mun; 11-10-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

OK tx everyone, since it seems it's a problem on my system I'll do more digging to find what's going wrong.

Comment

I've re-installed Nik Collection, problem solved. :-) Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Comment

I am digging out this post.
                I think this strongly depends on the versions used. The current Ultimate 2022 and current NIK collection 5.1 seem to have a feedback disconnect. The filters open fine, in the lower left corner it states that it is being worked on an ACDSee tmp file, but when NIK closes, the changes are not fed back to ACDSee. ACDSee does not seem to get any result back. No changes in the editing history, nothing.....
                Has someone tried it before and found a solution?
                Officially only the old plug-ins are supported (I think NIK v3): https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/photoshop-plugins/
                Last edited by popman; 08-02-2022, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by popman View Post
                  I am digging out this post.
                  I think this strongly depends on the versions used. The current Ultimate 2022 and current NIK collection 5.1 seem to have a feedback disconnect. The filters open fine, in the lower left corner it states that it is being worked on an ACDSee tmp file, but when NIK closes, the changes are not fed back to ACDSee. ACDSee does not seem to get any result back. No changes in the editing history, nothing.....
                  Has someone tried it before and found a solution?
                  Officially only the old plug-ins are supported (I think NIK v3): https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/photoshop-plugins/
                  I have Nik 4 and I have not found a fix either. I know of two workarounds for this issue.
                  • Use them as external editor in ACDSee. I usually avoid using this option since it will write directly to over the original image. If you take this approach, you should create a copy of the original file first before bringing into Nik. When you apply the changes in Nik, it will overwrite the file you selected in ACDSee.
                  • Use the incompatible Nik modules as standalone programs. I just open them from the start menu to lunch the app and them open the image from there. This means I have to first convert the file to either a jpeg or tiff, process it, then imported the new file in to ACDSee. It's a hassle but it works fine.
                  Hector

Comment

Working...
                  X