Graphics Tablet with ACDSee Ultimate 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Tablet with ACDSee Ultimate 2021

Has anyone used a graphics tablet with ACDSee Ultimate 2021 or indeed previous versions of ACDSee Ultimate.

I assume that it is possible to use the pen that is attached to the tablet, is this something that the software detects automatically and does this disable the mouse?

I am thinking of the repair process, clone etc, where the mouse seems a bit imprecise.

Any recommendations on a suitable tablet that will not break the bank would be most appreciated.

Regards

Michael

I use an older Wacon Intous with latest drivers on W10 20H2.

In AC it can be used as mouse replacement with absolute positioning, but AC does not support pen pressure or pen angle. The tablet and my mouse could be used simultaneously.

Comment

I use a XP-PEN Deco01 V2 (£47 on Amazon).
      It uses a pen with no battery and has 8 function keys which enables me to work well with ACDSee Ultimate 2019.
      It is the size of a magazine and is a pleasure to work with. The 8 function keys reduce the need for the keyboard though not entirely although it does supply an onscreen keyboard that can be called up when needed.
      The mouse can be used at the same time.

Comment

Thanks for that info DCC. I have placed an order for the Deco Pro M that should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out for detailed erasing of items.

Comment

Thanks DCC have also ordered one so hopefully I will be as pleased as you are.

Comment

Hi DCC,
            I have the XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 it looks very nice. But I cannot get it to work with ACDSee Ultimate 2021. Within ACDSee Ultimate 2021 moving the pen around on the tablet has no effect, I set up the first shortcut key to simulate CTRL and F5 to take me into edit which works but once there nothing happens. I did pick ACDSee Ultimate 2021 as an application within the pen set up so had assumed that was it but obviously not? Is there anything that need changing in ACDSee Ultimate 2021 as I cannot see anything

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Comment

So further to my post of a couple of days ago. First appearances were good, it looks very sleek but........

So on the XP Pen site there are 2 versions of the drivers. First of all I downloaded the latest beta version (XP-PENWin_3.0.6.201121) drivers and also the User Manual.

Secondly I could not get the drivers to work and the tablet/pen to be recognized in any software, I uninstalled/ reinstalled the software /drivers and re-booted the PC 5 times with nothing. In the end I installed the earlier drivers (XP-PenWin_1.6.4.200810) and this eventually worked. So then I uninstalled it and re-installed XP-PENWin_3.0.6.201121 and it worked. The User Manual software description does not match the software that comes with this version.

By now I was ready to pack the tablet back up and send it back.

I bought this tablet specifically to use with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021. But I am struggling to use it. For example I want to use the repair tool to do some cloning. As everyone will know the process with a mouse is to pick the area that you want to clone from and right click on it, then move the cursor to the area you want to clone to and then holding the left mouse button down move across the area you want to clone to. There are 2 toggle switches on the pen, I customized the top of the pen switch to be a left mouse click and the bottom one is already set as a right mouse click.. But that does not work as the mouse button needs to be held down when you want to clone and released when you want to stop. I contacted XP Pen to ask how do I program the top of the pen switch to be hold left mouse rather than click left mouse? The response I got was:

unfortunately we do not have the options to hold left click. When you press the pen to the screen is like doing a left click with your mouse. Have you tried holding the pen on the image and then dragging across as you drag the pen touching the screen?

So I will have to try this. I have until the end of January to return it so I will experiment a bit more but like many things it is not as straightforward as I had hoped.

You can apparently use the Import & Export Profile function to save/load the barrel buttons and shortcut key settings. So I don't know if any profiles exist for ACDSee.

I would be interested in other's experiences with the combination of ACDSee and the XP-Pen.

Regards

Michael

Comment

MichaelW, I am using the Deco Pro Med version and am not impressed. I cannot get the wheel to change the brush size as I had hoped. The pen is kludgy as you tried to use it as a mouse and I also find that is not working as hoped. I am using a cheap Logitech mouse with a scroll wheel and the wheel does not map into the Tablet. The setup is extremely limited for such a simple and mature technology. The amount of keyboard keys and their functions in ACDSee is not something that I find useful so mapping them to the Tablet is not very useful as a time-saver. The ACDSee program seems to work well with a wheeled mouse and I would expect with a roller ball but the Deco does not seem to support those mature designs. The unit may work better for Android and IOS apps but not well for a PC/Mac. I am returning it.

Comment

I recently purchased the following tablet: Huion Inspiroy Dial Q620M. It appears to have a better setup system for configuring the tablet to look more like a mouse. It has a dial that adjusts if you lift the pen up slightly, 8 programmable shortcut keys, and the right /left mouse clicks seem to work on the pen. My son is using it and seems to have it setup to his liking. He may be using one of the keys for a mouse right click allowing for less finger movement on the pen.

Comment

Working...
                  X