Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panes in view mode disappeared...

Ultimate 2019

In view mode I used to have a pop out menu to the right that showed the face recognition and at the bottom of the screen a pane with a bunch of shortcuts and today when I opened the program they are just gone and I can't find any setting to make it appear again. Reopening my saved workspace or resetting the layout doesn't change a thing.
    And if I in view mode hit alt-return to view properties and then close that pane and exit view mode it's still there the next time I open view mode so feels like there's something seriously wrong.

Anyone else that has faced this and know how to resolve it?

Originally posted by pson View Post
    Ultimate 2019

In view mode I used to have a pop out menu to the right that showed the face recognition and at the bottom of the screen a pane with a bunch of shortcuts and today when I opened the program they are just gone and I can't find any setting to make it appear again. Reopening my saved workspace or resetting the layout doesn't change a thing.
    And if I in view mode hit alt-return to view properties and then close that pane and exit view mode it's still there the next time I open view mode so feels like there's something seriously wrong.

Anyone else that has faced this and know how to resolve it?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a bunch of shortcuts at the bottom of the screen, however:-

In View mode, open the Panes pull down menu at the top of the screen.
    Check that Filmstrip is ticked (that brings up a horizontal strip of thumbnails at the bottom of the screen), and that Face Detection is ticked (That opens the Face detection pane on the right hand side of the screen).

Another alternative - in Manage Mode, View->Reset Layout. That should reset the layouts in Manage, View, Develop and Edit modes to the default layouts. You would then need to customize them individually to taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post
      I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a bunch of shortcuts at the bottom of the screen, however:-
      Guess it's more correct to call them buttons It was a pane/toolbar at the bottom of the screen where I had buttons for disable/enable face outlines, rerun facial recognizer, rotate image and a few more.

In View mode, open the Panes pull down menu at the top of the screen.
      Check that Filmstrip is ticked (that brings up a horizontal strip of thumbnails at the bottom of the screen), and that Face Detection is ticked (That opens the Face detection pane on the right hand side of the screen).
      Where do I find the Panes pull down menu?
      Are you talking about the one that in Manage mode is located at the top of the screen next to Files/Edit/View?
      I thought this was odd and was kind of sure that it used to be visible in View mode too but that part of the window is also gone.

Another alternative - in Manage Mode, View->Reset Layout. That should reset the layouts in Manage, View, Develop and Edit modes to the default layouts. You would then need to customize them individually to taste.
      I've already tried that but it has no effect what so ever regarding this.

Comment

Originally posted by pson View Post
        Guess it's more correct to call them buttons It was a pane/toolbar at the bottom of the screen where I had buttons for disable/enable face outlines, rerun facial recognizer, rotate image and a few more.

Where do I find the Panes pull down menu?
        Are you talking about the one that in Manage mode is located at the top of the screen next to Files/Edit/View?
        I thought this was odd and was kind of sure that it used to be visible in View mode too but that part of the window is also gone.

I've already tried that but it has no effect what so ever regarding this.
        Ah, the penny drops.
        I think what you are referring to is the "Bottom Toolbar". That is normally turned on via View->Toolbars->Bottom Toolbar, however if the Panes menu at the top isn't visible, then probably the View menu isn't either.

Try this. In View mode, press ALT+Space. That should open a small Windows dialog near the top left hand side of the screen. If the Restore option is active, click on it. It should change to ACDSee operating in a reduced size window rather than full screen, and the File, Edit, View, Panes etc menus should now be visible. If that works, you can do ALT+Space again and select Maximise to return the window to max size, but if that disappears the top menu entries again, repeat the first step then just drag the window out to full size. From memory ACDSee will remember the window size.

Comment

The window isn't "outside the desktop", already tried to restore it.
          The top one with File, Edit, View and so on are gone in View mode, the top part of the window is now the pane with Manage, Photos, View and Edit.
          In Manage mode it's still visible though and so is the Bottom Toolbar so it's just partially FUBAR.
          Seems like there's no simple solution to this so guess I'll just reinstall it and clean out the registry.

Thanks for trying to help, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X