Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginner question: working with layers: scaling

hello forum friends,

i have been working with acdsee as an image manager for many years. but have hardly worked with the image processing. in the year before last I upgraded to ultimate and have now worked a little bit into image editing .. have pretty much managed to do everything with a lot of trying out, because unfortunately I haven't found a decent structured introduction, let alone an old school book, anywhere .. .

One question currently remains about working with llayers, perhaps if i want to create a collage in this way or want to merge two pictures ... example: i start with a new empty picture .. then i insert the first photo as a new layer, then the second photo as a new layer ... if i just start to edit the second photo at the top of the stack of layers, for example i change the size, then the lower picture changes too. it is then rather as small as the section of the second picture. somehow I'm making a mistake. can someone help me?

Greetings from Germany
    Klaus

Originally posted by willkomm2000 View Post

One question currently remains about working with layers, perhaps if i want to create a collage in this way or want to merge two pictures ... example: i start with a new empty picture .. then i insert the first photo as a new layer, then the second photo as a new layer ... if i just start to edit the second photo at the top of the stack of layers, for example i change the size, then the lower picture changes too. it is then rather as small as the section of the second picture. somehow I'm making a mistake. can someone help me?

Klaus
    Klaus,
    Easily done.
    1. Open the image you want to use as the background in Edit Mode.
    2. Use the "Add a file as a layer" tool to add the other images.

Each of the added images will be on a separate layer and when selected by the move tool will show a bounding box that will allow just that image to be resized.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adding images.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	54826

Comment

Tx again Greyfox,, I keep learning more and more everyday, tx to you. ACDSee is quite powerful, it's just a matter of learning it.

Comment

Hi ,
        thanks for the help. have meanwhile managed to do this with trial and error.
        nevertheless, sometimes i don't understand why i only see part of the inserted image .. will have something to do
        with my selection or masks ..
        i keep practicing ... Klaus

Comment

Working...
        X