After intalling Windows Update KB5001330 the map is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After intalling Windows Update KB5001330 the map is missing

Uninstalling the update restores the map.
    Last edited by Emil; 04-23-2021, 04:30 AM.

Originally posted by Emil View Post
    Uninstalling the update restores the map.
    KB5001330 update was installed on my Windows 10 PC on 16th April, and the map is still working. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 20H2, Build 19042.928.
    Maybe worth running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then SFC/ScanNow

Comment

Hi Emil,

We tried to reproduce this on three 20H2 machines that have KB5001330 installed, but the map appears to be working correctly on all of them. It is also working correctly on a fully up to date 21H1 machine (KB5001330 is apparently not available for 21H1, or else it has a different equivalent update).

Are you running 20H2, or another version of Windows 10? What do you mean when you say the map is missing?

Thanks,
      Tristan H.
      ACD Systems

Comment

I don't see this error myself. The post is a translation of a post in the German forum: LINK
        But I would like to know if any other users are affected.

Comment

Hi Emil,

Beyond basic troubleshooting like clearing Internet Explorer's cache, all I can really recommend at this stage is that the original poster contact Customer Care. It is interesting to see that they are having the same issue in another application that uses Google Maps, but I'm not sure what to do with that information.

We have a Windows 10 N machine that we can try out to see if there is any possible difference, although I don't believe it has any differences outside of media support. That might take a couple of days.

Thanks,
          Tristan H.
          ACD Systems

Comment

Hi,

I updated our Windows 10 N machine to 20H2 and installed KB5001330. The Map pane still worked correctly. Without being able to reproduce the issue myself, there isn't much else I can suggest beyond recommending again that the original poster contact Customer Care.

Thanks,
            Tristan H.
            ACD Systems

Comment

Afaik the user simply uninstalled KB5001330 to solve the issue.

Comment

Working...
              X