Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U 2021 uses the slow CPU instead of a fast GPU for noise reduction. WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U 2021 uses the slow CPU instead of a fast GPU for noise reduction. WHY?

You can see this clearly yourself.
    …In develop mode, details tab, turn on noise reduction and (in the task manager) watch the CPU % usage go up to a high %value until it is finished, Please note that during this time the GPU stays idle at 0%.

Now, when noise reduction is on, every change of a slider in the tune tab (like “contrast”, “fill light”,…) will also be followed, each time, by a run of that slow” CPU driven” noise reduction process.
    Which slows the ACDSee program down!

Why is a slow "CPU based" noise reduction method, and not a much faster "GPU based" noise reduction method used ?

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
    ..Why is a slow "CPU based" noise reduction method, and not a much faster "GPU based" noise reduction method used ?
    That's probably a question you would have to ask the Developers.

In Edit Mode, If I use the noise reduction adjustment layer, it uses my GTX 1660 GPU and very little CPU.
    As you have noted, that is not the case in Develop Mode, and it's also not the case in edit if I use the noise reduction from the filter menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

That's probably a question you would have to ask the Developers.

In Edit Mode, If I use the noise reduction adjustment layer, it uses my GTX 1660 GPU and very little CPU.
      As you have noted, that is not the case in Develop Mode, and it's also not the case in edit if I use the noise reduction from the filter menu.
      Thanks for the confirmation.

So how can we ask the developers?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor View Post

So how can we ask the developers?
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X