Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framon
    replied
    A previous message addressed this subject : https://forum.acdsee.com/forum/main-...-etc#post46247
    But I didn't try it...

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Budro594 View Post
    Is there a way to copy my settings such as the layout in Develop Mode, Presets, folder locations, etc. that I have set up in 2021 Ultimate to 2022? I have been doing it manually, but find it hard to be consistent when I have two machines that I would like to keep the same.
    In the Manage>Process menu, there are "export presets" and "import presets" functions in both Ultimate 2021 and 2022, and those presets can include both Develop and Edit presets, so perhaps you could export the presets from 2021 and import them back into 2022. Exporting the presets from 2022 however shows 38 edit presets and 64 develop presets, but exporting the presets from 2021 shows 38 edit presets but only 54 Develop ones. That suggests one would actually lose some from the later version.

There is the facility to import actions and export actions from the Actions Browser in both versions, however when I installed 2022 it appears to have picked up all of the actions from 2021.
    I haven't tried any of my custome actions yet, but it would not surprise me if there were some that didn't work as they used to because of the changes to some of the tools.

The Workspace layouts, don't appear to have any export/import function, and as far as I can see, trying to port them to the 2022 version would involve a registry hack. Given the changes in the UI between the two versions, for instance the replacement of Photos mode with Media mode and the addition of People mode again I think there is some risk of that not working 100% properly and it would probably be just as quick, and a lot safer, to screen shot the old layouts and then use the screen shots to duplicate the layout in the new version.

Leave a comment:

• Transfer settings from Ultimate 2021 to Ultimate 2022

Is there a way to copy my settings such as the layout in Develop Mode, Presets, folder locations, etc. that I have set up in 2021 Ultimate to 2022? I have been doing it manually, but find it hard to be consistent when I have two machines that I would like to keep the same.

Thanks for any help!

Darren Budd
Working...
X