How To Change Face Icon/Thumbnail in People Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Change Face Icon/Thumbnail in People Manager

When I bring up my list of people, some of the face icons/thumbnails are not what I want. e.g. I may want a current picture and not a baby picture.

How can I assign the image that it uses for the default face icon/thumbnail?

Right-clicking on a person from the grid of all named people, only shows Merge | Rename | Remove. If it is not a current feature (although surely it is, I just don't know how)... then adding to the right-click menu would be great.

Similarly if I open that person to see all of their pics, I can rename them by clicking it at the top, but the default image that is beside the name does not have a right-click\Edit action, and can't be edited by double-clicking it.

Have I missed where this is done?
    Thanks!
    -Randy-

That's a good question. Thinking here, you could tag all the faces for the same person, go to manage people, delete that person, go back to your tagged files, pick the one you want, assign new (old) name to that one, then identify all the tagged remaining files as that person. A bit cumbersome though. There ought to be an easier way.

Comment

Originally posted by randy16randy View Post
      When I bring up my list of people, some of the face icons/thumbnails are not what I want. e.g. I may want a current picture and not a baby picture.

How can I assign the image that it uses for the default face icon/thumbnail?
      In Ultimate 2022, People mode.
      1. From the Named Grid, double click on the thumbnail for the relevant person. That will bring up a grid of thumbnails for that particular person
      2. Right click on the thumbnail you want to be the "default face thumbnail". You should see the option to "set as profile". That will make that thumbnail the default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Set as profile.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	57611

Comment

Brilliant, tx GreyFox. I see that I need to explore the new People Mode some more :-)

Comment

Excellent GreyFox. Thanks. I didn't see mention in the help docs, and wasn't where I expected it to be. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
          X