Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbnalis gone

Hello.
    I have the latest version of ACDSee Ultimate 2022.
    I have a database created from 5 external, unconnected drives. I connect them when I need them.
    It has always worked well, but now if I open the catalog window I launch a search, I find that I no longer see most of the thumbnails.
    What happened?

I have always used database optimization with the various disks disconnected, checking both optimization and removal of orphaned files.

Do you think I can recover the miniatures or do I have to re-catalog external disks?

Ciao.
    Ho l'ultima versione di ACDSee Ultimate 2022.
    Ho un database creato da 5 dischi esterni, non collegati. Li collego quando mi serve.
    Ha sempre funzionato bene, ma adesso se apro la finestra catalogo lancio una ricerca, scopro che non vedo piu la maggior parte delle miniature.
    Cosa sarĂ  successo?

Ho sempre utilizzato l'ottimizzazione del database coi i vari dischi scollegati, spuntando sia l'ottimizzazione che la rimozione dei file orfani.

Secondo voi posso recuperare le minature o devo Ricatalogare i dischi esterni?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by luema View Post
    ...I have always used database optimization with the various disks disconnected, checking both optimization and removal of orphaned files.

Do you think I can recover the miniatures or do I have to re-catalog external disks?
    In one of the images you posted, there is a clear warning NOT to disconnect any external drives when you do an "Optimize"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimize.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	58173
    I suspect you may have to re-catalog the external drives to rebuild your database.

Comment

Thanks.
      Here's what happens if you don't know English!
      However, I find it illogical.
      If I have several external backup disks, I can't connect them all to do maintenance on the database.
      If I make backups on external disks and I want to keep track of them in the database, the program should take this into account.
      Unless I'm using the wrong system.

Comment

Originally posted by luema View Post
        Thanks.
        Here's what happens if you don't know English!
        However, I find it illogical.
        If you want ACDSee to manage your external hard drives, then they MUST be connected when you use Database Optimize, and potentially Database Maintenance.
        If you want to retain the entries for the contents your external hard drives in the database, but don't want to connect them, then don't use Optimize.

If I have several external backup disks, I can't connect them all to do maintenance on the database.
        If you don't have sufficient USB ports on your PC to connect all of your drives at the same time, then perhaps you could use an external multi port USB hub. If the external drives get their power from the USB port, then the external hub would need to be a powered hub.

If I make backups on external disks and I want to keep track of them in the database, the program should take this into account.
        ACDSee does allow you to keep track of the contents of external hard drives in its database, but it can only Optimize or clean up its database if all of the drives are present at that time. That is a present requirement, as indicated in the Optimize Wizard

Comment

Ok I guess I'll do as you say.
          However in the many years that I have used ACDSee this has never happened to me.
          And I update every year. Only with this version did it happen to me.

Grazie

Comment

Working...
          X