Facial Recognition searching different drive to Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facial Recognition searching different drive to Manager

I have a trial copy of ACDSee (photo Studio Ultimate 2022) installed to try as a replacement for Picasa which, after many years of service, is not working well with windows 11

I have Windows and all of my programs installed on C:/

OneDrive/Pictures – the folder I wish to link ACDSee is at A:/OneDrive/Pictures.

C:/ and A:/ are partitions on the same SSD

I also have a backup of OneDrive on a separate internal HDD – R:/

ACDSee works fine in managing the files on A;/ BUT insists on running facial recognition on R:/ NOT on A:/.
    If I try to change anything in the Facial Recognition address list, all options are greyed out

I could live with this anomaly except that, when I try to open an image with the face recognised, the program says that it cannot find the file - I assume because it is looking in the A:/ drive

Since Facial Recognition is the main reason that I used Picasa previously, this is obviously not what I want.
    Last edited by robfuscate; 11-24-2021, 12:58 PM.

Is your R drive excluded? Scanning Destination in Manage Mode is to specify where photo scan imports are going I believe, not what drives ACDSee scans for images. ACDSee will scan all drives and folders that aren't excluded.
    Last edited by Regor250; 11-28-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X