Search - using Keywords or Categories or both to match multiple criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search - using Keywords or Categories or both to match multiple criteria

I am using ACDSee Ultimate 2018. I have use ACDSee for 15 or more years upgrading every few years.
    I like the organizing features and have been using both Keywords and Categories. I'm not sure why I need both.
    Note by Categories I mean the ones under the Properties - Organize Pane.

I believe the purpose for using either Keywords or Catalog Categories is to be able to later search for photos that meet certain criteria.
    However I can not find a way to search WITHIN Keywords OR WITHIN Catalog Categories for photos that meet multiple criteria AT THE SAME TIME. For example, I would like to search for all photos that were categorized as "Kayaking" and "Jane" and MUST INCLUDE BOTH. Currently all "Kayaking" AND all "Jane" photos show up.
    Is there a way to get a selection that MUST INCLUDE BOTH.

The only way I have been able to do this so far is to assign both Keywords and Categories to my photos (this in onerous). Then in the Search Pane, I search for Categories: "Kayaking" and also Keywords: "Jane". This way I only get photos of Jane kayaking.
    This seems onerous. Is there a better way?

If not, I think my next move is to use certain key keywords like people's names under the Metadata Keywords umbrella and other ones like activities or places under the Catalog Categories umbrella.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    For example, I would like to search for all photos that were categorized as "Kayaking" and "Jane" and MUST INCLUDE BOTH. Currently all "Kayaking" AND all "Jane" photos show up.
    Is there a way to get a selection that MUST INCLUDE BOTH.
    Try "Easy Select":
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.jpg Views:	29 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	59544
    Last edited by Emil; 02-07-2022, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X