X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by mala View Post
    I am able to search for people by going to the quick search and enter the name of the person (with quotation marks). The problem is that I don't always recall if a person's name included the middle name, the exact spelling, if he was called Rob or Robert, etc. There doesn't seem to be any autocomplete that shows me all the options as I type the name, either. This makes searching extremely time consuming (and frustrating). Am I just doing something wrong or is this not possible?
    It would help if we knew what version of Ultimate you are using, whether you are using Face ID, and where the peoples names are. .
    If you are using Face ID, then in Manage mode, Catalog Tab, there is a People section, where each persons name is shown in alpha order, and you can select names directly from that.

If you are not using Face ID, then it depends on where the names are you a searching for, and in what format. Are they in ACDSee keywords, IPTC keywords, names within the filenames.

Quick Search has some specific requirements. You can see what they are if you open the Help and search for Quick Search. But it doesn't have autocomplete.
    You could always raise a support request for that as a product improvement suggestion, but at least for the current versions that isn't available.

Depending on where the names are, and in what format, you might do better using the Search Pane. For instance in the search pane you can search for "keyword contains "xxx" , so if the ACDSee keyword was "Robert Smith", a search for "contains Rob", or "contains "bert" would find it.

If the names are in IPTC keywords, then they are listed in the Catalog Tab\Auto Categories\Photo Properties\Keywords(IPTC) and you can use quick select.

If the names are in ACDSee keywords, then they are listed in the Catalog Tab\Keywords, and again you can use quick select.

Leave a comment:

• mala
    started a topic Easy Way to Search for People

Easy Way to Search for People

I am able to search for people by going to the quick search and enter the name of the person (with quotation marks). The problem is that I don't always recall if a person's name included the middle name, the exact spelling, if he was called Rob or Robert, etc. There doesn't seem to be any autocomplete that shows me all the options as I type the name, either. This makes searching extremely time consuming (and frustrating). Am I just doing something wrong or is this not possible?

Attached is a screenshot of the program I used before. It shows 3 people out of a long list. In this case I am searching for the middle person. All I need to do is clicking on the line to select that person. I can select multiple and either do an AND (all those people need to be included) or an OR (at least one of the selected people needs to be included). The red boxes cover the actual name of the person in the people list. This is extremely convenient and fast. Even any other person that is not familiar with how people have been named can handle this very intuitively. Is anything like that possible in ACDSee?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SearchPeople.png
Views:	164
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	59809
Working...
X