Laptop Edits transfer to Pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Edits transfer to Pc

Hi all, when using ACDsee ultimate 2021, what is the best way to transfer images that you have edited in ACDsee on a portable laptop, onto your main PC's ACDsee installation when you get back home please?
    My Laptop only has a small drive, so it only holds the images from that trip. I want to edit using ACDsee on the laptop when on a trip, but once back home, transfer the edited images to my main ACDsee installation on my pc
    thanks all

Originally posted by MrSteveVee View Post
    Hi all, when using ACDsee ultimate 2021, what is the best way to transfer images that you have edited in ACDsee on a portable laptop, onto your main PC's ACDsee installation when you get back home please?
    If your laptop and your PC are on the same home network, just copy them across.

Make sure you have embedded the metadata in the images on the laptop first, then use ACDSee to do the copy, that way any sidecar files, hidden [Developed] or [Originals] folders will be copied.

Copy the files to a temporary work folder on the PC, and then Database\Catalog the contents of that folderr into the ACDSee Database on the PC. After that you can use ACDSee to transfer them into what ever folder or filing structure you use on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

If your laptop and your PC are on the same home network, just copy them across.

Make sure you have embedded the metadata in the images on the laptop first, then use ACDSee to do the copy, that way any sidecar files, hidden [Developed] or [Originals] folders will be copied.

Copy the files to a temporary work folder on the PC, and then Database\Catalog the contents of that folderr into the ACDSee Database on the PC. After that you can use ACDSee to transfer them into what ever folder or filing structure you use on the PC.
      Thats excellent, Thanks Greyfox

Comment

Working...
      X