Issues with ACDSee Metadata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with ACDSee Metadata

I've provided a video here to show you what I'm up against. Feel free to provide your input.

Originally posted by ITGuy4Ever View Post
    I've provided a video here to show you what I'm up against. Feel free to provide your input.
    Your link just takes me to a TechSmith advertising/sign in page page, not to a video .
    Last edited by Greyfox; 03-28-2022, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Exactly...

Comment

Sorry, here's the link

Comment

Now, I did find that if I go to Tools -> Database -> Catalog Files... and re-scan the folder that contains the ACDSee embedded metadata, it does bring over the categories and keywords, however, not the keyword quick-sets. In my example, Instruments -> Guitar. Is there a way to export Keyword quick-sets and import them into the 2nd laptop or will I have to create them. If I will have to create them, then why use them at all. I mise well use just keywords. Something ACDSee Dev team should look at.

Comment

Hi ITGuy4Ever,

To transfer the ACDSee keyword sets and category sets to a different computer, you can copy the relevant json files to the same location on that new system.

For Ultimate 2022 that you are using, here are the folder locations where the quick sets are stored:
            "%UserProfile%\AppData\Loca\ACD Systems\Presets\150Ult\KeywordsSet"
            "%UserProfile%\AppData\Loca\ACD Systems\Presets\150Ult\CategorySet"

So for example, if you created a keyword set Project1 in ACDSee on computer #1, you can transfer that Project1.json file to "%UserProfile%\AppData\Loca\ACD Systems\Presets\150Ult\KeywordsSet" folder on computer Forum

Note this becomes only necessary if you transfer the keyword and category set to a new computer. On a single computer, after installing a new version, the previous version's presets will be automatically transferred

Hope this helps.

Regards
            James

ACDSee Customer Care

Comment

Originally posted by James W- View Post
              Hi ITGuy4Ever,

To transfer the ACDSee keyword sets and category sets to a different computer, you can copy the relevant json files to the same location on that new system.

For Ultimate 2022 that you are using, here are the folder locations where the quick sets are stored:
              "%UserProfile%\AppData\Loca\ACD Systems\Presets\150Ult\KeywordsSet"
              "%UserProfile%\AppData\Loca\ACD Systems\Presets\150Ult\CategorySet"

So for example, if you created a keyword set Project1 in ACDSee on computer #1, you can transfer that Project1.json file to "%UserProfile%\AppData\Loca\ACD Systems\Presets\150Ult\KeywordsSet" folder on computer Forum

Note this becomes only necessary if you transfer the keyword and category set to a new computer. On a single computer, after installing a new version, the previous version's presets will be automatically transferred

Hope this helps.

Regards
              James

ACDSee Customer Care

James, Thanks. A couple of typos, but I get the idea (AppData\Local\ vs \Loca) and folder on computer 2 I tried it and it worked great. Thanks again. I've scripted it and will run it when I have a bunch of new keyword and category changes on computer 1. This forum editor doesn't like hash-tags and inserts other links
              Last edited by ITGuy4Ever; 03-29-2022, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X