ACDSee Mobile Sync processing of photos/videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Mobile Sync processing of photos/videos

So after uploading ~3700 photos/videos from my iPhone to my ACDSee Mobile Sync, its time to move them to their respective folders and embed the ACDSee metadata. Once I move these files out of the sync folder, how is my phone going to interpret the sync status. Will it tell me that the folders that I moved need to be re-synced or will the sync flag still be set? I've got so many duplicates that I need to get organized and my whole purpose of purchasing ACDSee Ultimate was to achieve that. Any comments?

Originally posted by ITGuy4Ever View Post
    ..Once I move these files out of the sync folder, how is my phone going to interpret the sync status. Will it tell me that the folders that I moved need to be re-synced or will the sync flag still be set?
    If Mobile Sync works the same way on an iPhone as it does on an Android, then the phone app itself can be set to do the transfer as a foreground or background process depending on the setting of Automatic Syncing.

Because I have mine set up so I can transfer images to several different PC's (and to both U2021 and U2022 versions) I choose to have Automatic Syncing turned OFF, so the transfer is only done when I want..

There is an option on the ACDSee Mobile Sync phone app to set it to "All", "Images", "Videos", "New".
    If I select the last option "New" then the phone app will only show files not previously sent (though on my Samsung S10 it is necessary to change to "All" then back to "New" after a send, to update the listing). The mobile app itself flags the files that have been previously sent.

If I use "All", it will show all items, and some or all of these can be selected to be sent. It will then send all I have individually ticked, regardless of whether they have been sent previously.
    If the items I have ticked to send are already in the target folder or folders with the same filename, it will however not over write them.
    If they have been moved elsewhere, or renamed, then it will send them to the target folder again.

Probably best to take just a few photos, have a play, and see what phone app settings suit you best.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 03-30-2022, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X