X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Framon View Post
    ..If you right click on the selected image display at the bottom left of the screen, a drop down menu appears. The best thing, in my opinion, is to select "Automatic size" ("Taille automatique" in French version).
    Good advice. With the auto setting it will show the image at the correct aspect ratio regardless of the height of the preview panel,

Leave a comment:

• Framon
    replied
    I'm not sure I understood Frank Sanders' question correctly.
    If you right click on the selected image display at the bottom left of the screen, a drop down menu appears. The best thing, in my opinion, is to select "Automatic size" ("Taille automatique" in French version).

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank Sanders View Post
    When I am going trough my pictures in manage mode, sometime I would like to see how the picture looks if I crop it.
    I use the select tool, but it only crops the picture vertically, and not horizontally. Whats the sence of this? Is there a way to crop both directions in manage mode?
    I'm not aware of there being a crop tool in Manage mode in ACDSee Ultimate.

Perhaps this is what you are referring to.

When you select a thumbnail in manage mode, and assuming you have the preview pane enabled, a preview image appears by default at the bottom of the left hand pane.
    If the height of the preview pane is not sufficient, the height of the preview image "frame" is reduced to fit in the available space, and in that situation you can move the image up and down in the frame with the mouse.

If you increase the height of the preview pane, that reduction in height of the preview will not occur (and you won't be able to move the image up and down).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Preview.jpg Views:	0 Size:	247.3 KB ID:	60444
    If that is not the situation, can you perhaps add a screen shot, or describe what you are using as a "Crop" tool in Manage mode

Leave a comment:

• AliGW
    replied
    My understanding is that the select tool in view mode is connected to zooming, and isn't intended as a crop preview. Have you read something somewhere that suggests otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• Frank Sanders
    started a topic select tool in manage mode

select tool in manage mode

When I am going trough my pictures in manage mode, sometime I would like to see how the picture looks if I crop it.
    I use the select tool, but it only crops the picture vertically, and not horizontally. Whats the sence of this? Is there a way to crop both directions in manage mode?
    I know I can switch to edit mode and crop it there, but thats not user friendly.
Working...
X