Sorting a lot of pictures (in numerous different folders) by date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

If you don't want to use Face detection then turn it off in Tools\Options\Face Detection.

I have that disabled. :/

Also, I want to ask - if I install an older version of the software, and import the catalog (same computer) will it work?
    Last edited by dipetar; 05-01-2022, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dipetar View Post
      I have that disabled.
      Then if Tools\Face Detection\Clear Queue is not greyed out, use it to clear out the queue.

/
      Also, I want to ask - if I install an older version of the software, and import the catalog (same computer) will it work?
      You can only import a database into the same version.
      You can convert a database from an earlier version into a newer version.

AFAIK there is no backwards conversion available to convert a database from a later version back to an earlier version.
      You would have to Catalog the collection into the older version, and that sort of assumes you have embedded the metadata.from the later version into the images.

If you go down that path, be aware that the Catalog process apparently went through some improvement process in the U2022 version so it could handle cataloging larger collections.
      If you Catalog using earlier versions I would advise Cataloging in batches of less than 50,000 images at a time.

Whilst you can install say U2022 and U2021 on the same PC, each with their own database, there are some issues you might need to watch. Until recently I have both U2022 and U2021 installed on the same PC. I have face detection in use in U2022, but not in U2021, and I had the indexer in U2021 disabled. Obviously if you use develop functions with RAW files in U2022 that either were not available, or were not the same in U2021, then U2021 may not understand some of the information in the xmp files.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

Then if Tools\Face Detection\Clear Queue is not greyed out, use it to clear out the queue.

You can only import a database into the same version.
        You can convert a database from an earlier version into a newer version.

AFAIK there is no backwards conversion available to convert a database from a later version back to an earlier version.
        You would have to Catalog the collection into the older version, and that sort of assumes you have embedded the metadata.from the later version into the images.

If you go down that path, be aware that the Catalog process apparently went through some improvement process in the U2022 version so it could handle cataloging larger collections.
        If you Catalog using earlier versions I would advise Cataloging in batches of less than 50,000 images at a time.

Whilst you can install say U2022 and U2021 on the same PC, each with their own database, there are some issues you might need to watch. Until recently I have both U2022 and U2021 installed on the same PC. I have face detection in use in U2022, but not in U2021, and I had the indexer in U2021 disabled. Obviously if you use develop functions with RAW files in U2022 that either were not available, or were not the same in U2021, then U2021 may not understand some of the information in the xmp files.
        Thanks. Will report on this.

Comment

Working...
        X