Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitting "Enter" displays Excel, PDF, etc. instead of launching the associated program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting "Enter" displays Excel, PDF, etc. instead of launching the associated program

Coming from 2019 to 2022 of ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate, I notice the default behaviour re: Excel, Word, PDF, etc. when you hit "Enter" is to display the document inside ACDSee. The previous behaviour would have launched Excel, Word or Acrobat when you hit "Enter". Now one needs to type Ctrl-E to launch the associated program. How do I get the old default behaviour back? Thanks.

Cheers and stay well!

Brad

Originally posted by PhabGuy View Post
    Coming from 2019 to 2022 of ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate, I notice the default behaviour re: Excel, Word, PDF, etc. when you hit "Enter" is to display the document inside ACDSee. The previous behaviour would have launched Excel, Word or Acrobat when you hit "Enter". Now one needs to type Ctrl-E to launch the associated program. How do I get the old default behaviour back? Thanks.
    Tools\Options\Document File Types Untick the various Document types. When you double click on the thumbnail (or select and press Enter) in manage mode, they will then open in their default application. (You may need to also check that the defaults are correct in Windows\Settings\Apps\Default apps\Choose default apps by file type).

Comment

You're a scholar and a gentleman! It worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
      X