ACDsee network path not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDsee network path not found

I have a local NAS and have set my database directory to a folder on it. When the NAS is not running or if using a laptop off the network I get "ACDsee network path not found' pop-ups even though the application is not running. I'm assuming this is because ACDsee is idle in my system tray??? Looking for solutions to stop the pop-up that occurs every few minutes.
    Is there a user preference to stop it from starting in the system tray, if this is the cause? ACDsee is NOT my default viewer on my laptop.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestion.

Originally posted by CommanderAdamaNJ View Post
    I have a local NAS and have set my database directory to a folder on it. When the NAS is not running or if using a laptop off the network I get "ACDsee network path not found' pop-ups even though the application is not running. I'm assuming this is because ACDsee is idle in my system tray??? Looking for solutions to stop the pop-up that occurs every few minutes.
    Is there a user preference to stop it from starting in the system tray, if this is the cause? ACDsee is NOT my default viewer on my laptop.
    ACDSee has an indexer which runs as a background task when the application is not being used. It is used both to index folders when the computer has been idle for a prescribed time (see Tools\Options\ACDSee Indexer), and also to detect faces (see Tools\Options\Face Detection).
    You could try disabling the indexer, and also not enabling that function in face detection, however there may be some side effects. I seem to recall that the counts for Orphan folders and files in the Dashboard may not be updated if the indexer is disabled, and the orphan files may not show in Media Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post
      I seem to recall that the counts for Orphan folders and files in the Dashboard may not be updated if the indexer is disabled . . .
      I'm sure you're right! I don't use Commander and Indexer and my Dashboard says there's 314,843 images and 0 orphans - can hardly believe it 😉

Comment

Working...
      X