• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by seriousgigi View Post
    btw i have tested text in batch edit mode and found useless
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have used batch edit to place metadata text overlays on many hundreds of images for TV presentations, and for me it is far from "uleless"

It doesnt save last settings you did.
    You can make your own presets, and it remembers the last preset used.

Leave a comment:

• seriousgigi
    replied
    btw i have tested text in batch edit mode and found useless since you can not see whole image in big size (like fit mode in fullscreen). you can zoom but it only zooms center of pic and you can not move, so you can not see left upper corner for example. other thing that thumbnail view is not enough to make big changes so batch edit needs a huge improvement.
    more than that it doesnt save last settings you did.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    ...but still i have to say, what kind of people want to delete a file in editing mode? still dont understand. delete key should delete images from layer list in editing mode, not computer.
    You may not want that particular option, but others might. Every one is entitled to have their own preferences.
    The fact is that you can easily configure ACDSee yourself so that in Edit mode the Del key deletes just the layer. Takes only a few seconds. That flexibility is there, it's just a matter of leaning how to use the configuration options in the software.

Leave a comment:

• seriousgigi
    replied
    you are right about deletion confirmation settings. i see, will look here when i do that next time but still i have to say, what kind of people want to delete a file in editing mode? still dont understand. delete key should delete images from layer list in editing mode, not computer. i hope they will consider this in next year's release. anyway thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    ...when we added multiple images on layer interface in editing mode how to remove an image added as different layer, without physically remove it?
    Select the layer that has the image you want to remove
    Make sure the image in the main screen is NOT selected (if it is click on the hand tool to deselect it)

Either
    (a) Right click on the layer, select delete layer

or

(b) From the menus at the top of the screen select Layer\Delete Layer.

or

(c) Press Ctrl + Del. (That is the default short cut key assigned to Delete Layer

Delete also removes it from the disk
    Selecting a layer that contains a file, and pressing Del doesn't always remove the file from the PC. It depends....

First off go to Tools\Options\File Management and in the "Conformations" area make sure both "Confirm folder delete" and also "Confirm file delete" are ticked. That way you will get a warning before ACDSee deletes a file from the PC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Delete Confirm.jpg Views:	3 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	60601

Now assuming you have the confirm deletes enabled.
    (a) If the layer is selected, AND the image is selected (has the 8 yellow nodes showing), then pressing Del will bring up the Delete confirmation dialog, and if you proceed, it WILL delete the file.

(b) but if the image is NOT selected (no yellow nodes showing), and ONLY the layer is selected when you press Del, there is no delete confirmation dialog and ONLY the layer is deleted.. You can use Edit\Undo and the layer with the images will be reinstated. The file itself has NOT been deleted.

Edit: And if you are still concerned that the Delete key works in Edit Mode, then using the Tools\Customize Shortcuts in Edit mode, you can remove it from Edit Delete. If you then really want to delete a file from Edit mode, you will have to use the Delete in the top Edit menu.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 05-07-2022, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• seriousgigi
    replied
    i use acdsee primarily not photoshop. photoshop is only for photoshopping and layers are essential at that case.

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post
    Anyhow, try adding your text in Batch Edit, using the text overlay option..
    You can make your own presets .

Click image for larger version Name:	Batch Edit 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.7 KB ID:	60594
    Yes this is the one i was looking for. thx!

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post
    There are versions of ACDSee that don't have layer capability. If you hate layers so much perhaps you would be better off with one of them.
    i remember i had looked them but gave up because of some feature -which i dont remember- was also non exist on those versions which doesnt have layers.

can i ask different but small question? when we added multiple images on layer interface in editing mode how to remove an image added as different layer, without physically remove it? delete also removes it from the disk which is ridiculous you know. you are in editing mode it should only remove it from the edit mode not from the computer lol.
    Last edited by seriousgigi; 05-07-2022, 02:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Regor250
    replied
    hi,...

i want old text adding feature back without involving layers. i hate layers dont want it.
    Yet you primarily use photoshop? Did you try recording an action?

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    ..new layer feature is extremely annoying. useless extra 10 annoying clicks. why do you have to ruin every simple feature you had? if i wanna make advanced editing i use photoshop which i have already.
    Not new at all.....

Layer text as I recall was introduced way back in Ultimate 2020.
    Ultimate 2021 added choice of Dynamic, Frame or Path but otherwise tool was the same as Ultimate 2020 .
    Text tool in Ultimate 2022 AFAIK is the same as it was in U2021.

Anyhow, try adding your text in Batch Edit, using the text overlay option..
    You can make your own presets .

Click image for larger version  Name:	Batch Edit 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.7 KB ID:	60594

...i hate layers dont want it.
    There are versions of ACDSee that don't have layer capability. If you hate layers so much perhaps you would be better off with one of them.

Last edited by Greyfox; 05-06-2022, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• seriousgigi
    started a topic New layer feature ruined the basic text adding

New layer feature ruined the basic text adding

hi, i used to add my text so easily because acdsee could save the last settings i did. so i was opening image>edit>add text from left menu>choose last settings (which gives exact color size and font type)>then apply VOLA! 5 seconds

- but right now it doesnt save the setting i have used last time. i have to type everything again.
    - when i try to save anything it opens useless gibberish menus that if i want to save my image as acdc format instead jpg, then it warns me about flattering which i have no idea what it is bla bla bla

new layer feature is extremely annoying. useless extra 10 annoying clicks. why do you have to ruin every simple feature you had? if i wanna make advanced editing i use photoshop which i have already.

i want old text adding feature back without involving layers. i hate layers dont want it.
    Last edited by seriousgigi; 05-06-2022, 12:06 PM.
Working...
X