Ultimate 2022: Writing EXIF Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 2022: Writing EXIF Data

I do a lot of film shooting, and I like to enter the camera information into the EXIF data. I can enter the make and model, but not any other data, like the lens used. I was wondering if there was a way to enter or edit the lens information for Exif data? Right now I have to enter it using either EXIF-tool or Digikam, which are both PITAs to use.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I do a lot of film shooting, and I like to enter the camera information into the EXIF data. I can enter the make and model, but not any other data, like the lens used. I was wondering if there was a way to enter or edit the lens information for Exif data? Right now I have to enter it using either EXIF-tool or Digikam, which are both PITAs to use.
    Sorry, I'm not clear as to what you mean by "film shooting". Are you referring to taking the shots with a "film" camera rather than a digital camera, or are you referring to something else. If the former then are you wanting to manually add Lens information and other EXIF tags to a digitized/scanned copy of the negative or printed image.

AFAIK in the Properties\Metadara\Exif section in ACDSee Ultimate users can only change or add "Make", "Model", "Date/Time Original", and Date/Time Digitized fields. GPS co-ordinates can also be added, but via the Map pane, not directly.

If you don't like using ExifTool in command line mode, perhaps ExifToolGUI might be easier, and it can be used as an External Editor from ACDSee.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 05-14-2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X