Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MegMac
    replied
    If you are a PC user, I recommend Directory Opus for that task. You can select one or more photos, then in the Metadata panel, there are about 25 editable fields including Lens make, Lens model, ISO, F-number and so on. Warning: do not us DOpus to add or change 'Date Taken'. because the date gets added only to the Exif DateTimeOriginal field, and for a date to be recognized as the 'Date Taken' or 'Capture Date' in most photo applications, a minimum of 2 Exif date fields must have the same date.
    Contact me if you would like my link that will get you a 20% discount.
    Last edited by MegMac; 06-12-2022, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Geophizz@hotmail.com
    replied
    It's taken a bit, but I've written a macro to extract the camera info from the EXIF data from digital cameras and add them as keywords. It works well except where there is a comma in the data, then it splits the entry into two different keywords. For instance, Olympus lists their make as "Olympus Digital Imaging, LTD". ACDSee gets confused by the comma and makes a Keyword that says "Olympus Digital Imaging", and another one that says "LTD". It will take a bit of cleanup to take care of things like that, but it works. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Geophizz@hotmail.com
    replied
    Hmm, that's worth a try

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    [email protected]

Understood.
    As I mentioned, you could try ExifToolsGUI as an external editor.

However as the lens details in this case would only be used as a reference, I wonder whether simply assigning them as ACDSee (and or IPTC) keywords might not achieve the same goal.

Leave a comment:

• Geophizz@hotmail.com
    replied
    Sorry, I shoot film, then scan the negatives and import them into ACDSee for editing and cataloging. Sometimes with a scanner, sometimes with a mirrorless camera. I'd like to add lens information t the scanned images. Right now I can change the camera make and model, but not the lens, So my EXIF either shows something like

Make: KMZ
    Model: Moskva-4
    Lens: Sony 16-50 APS-C

I would like to be able to edit the lens entry to say "110mm Industar 24"

Right now I use Digikam to edit the exif files, but it adds a bunch of extra steps, hence my request for the ability to edit the lens info in EXIF files.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I do a lot of film shooting, and I like to enter the camera information into the EXIF data. I can enter the make and model, but not any other data, like the lens used. I was wondering if there was a way to enter or edit the lens information for Exif data? Right now I have to enter it using either EXIF-tool or Digikam, which are both PITAs to use.
    Sorry, I'm not clear as to what you mean by "film shooting". Are you referring to taking the shots with a "film" camera rather than a digital camera, or are you referring to something else. If the former then are you wanting to manually add Lens information and other EXIF tags to a digitized/scanned copy of the negative or printed image.

AFAIK in the Properties\Metadara\Exif section in ACDSee Ultimate users can only change or add "Make", "Model", "Date/Time Original", and Date/Time Digitized fields. GPS co-ordinates can also be added, but via the Map pane, not directly.

If you don't like using ExifTool in command line mode, perhaps ExifToolGUI might be easier, and it can be used as an External Editor from ACDSee.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 05-14-2022, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Geophizz@hotmail.com
    started a topic Ultimate 2022: Writing EXIF Data

Ultimate 2022: Writing EXIF Data

I do a lot of film shooting, and I like to enter the camera information into the EXIF data. I can enter the make and model, but not any other data, like the lens used. I was wondering if there was a way to enter or edit the lens information for Exif data? Right now I have to enter it using either EXIF-tool or Digikam, which are both PITAs to use.
Working...
X