Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framon
    replied
    I finally decided to install the latest version of U22 + Edge + Microsoft Edge WebView2.
    You are right, Tristan H, the warning no longer appears.

However I wonder if I will not go back to the initial version because the volume occupied on the disk by these various applications seems to me very important not to make a notable improvement to Ultimate 15.0.
    It's not a lack of space on my SSD that makes me think about it (a quarter occupied) but simply a question of principle.

Anyway, thanks to everyone involved.

Leave a comment:

• Tristan H
    replied
    Hi,

If you are running 2022 and seeing a warning that the browser is unsupported, you must be on the initial version of Ultimate 2022, 15.0, build 2798 (or slightly higher if it is not the English version). Please try updating to the latest version of 2022. A download link for Ultimate 2022 version 15.1.1 English is available here: https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/p...productsupport

To anyone who is on the latest version of 2022 already and is not seeing anything at all in the Map pane (so no map, and also no Save/Discard/Geocode buttons), is it possible that you have uninstalled the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime application? This is required to display the Map pane, and is installed by ACDSee's installer if not already installed. If you can't find it in Programs and Features, try running ACDSee's installer again in Repair or Modify mode, or uninstall and reinstall ACDSee.

If you are seeing the Save/Discard/Geocode buttons but not the map, this would most likely be an issue on Google's end. You could try deleting ACDSee's WebView2 cache as I mentioned previously.

I hope these solutions help everyone who is experiencing issues with the Map pane.
    Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by harpo View Post
    ..the Mac version displays an up to date map base where the Windows version is not up to date.
    The Windows version of Ultimate 2022 is showing the current version of Google maps here, same as when I use Google maps directly. The currency of the maps (and particularly the Satellite views) Google provide may vary from area to area at any point in time. That isn't under ACDSee control.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Map data.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	60817

Last edited by Greyfox; 05-30-2022, 05:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• harpo
    replied
    My understanding is you can’t remove Edge. I have tried but it won’t let me.
    ACDSee Support should be making this clear what we should do.
    I run the Mac and Windows versions with VMWare Fusion, the Mac version displays an up to date map base where the Windows version is not up to date.

Leave a comment:

• brajaq
    replied
    Well, I do not use Edge nor Firefox (but Vivaldi). But I did not remove Edge.

Leave a comment:

• Framon
    replied
    Of course, reinstalling Edge is always possible.
    I'll decide to do it if I have other, more important problems.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Framon View Post
    ...but I uninstalled Edge with an uninstaller. Maybe it's because of that.
    I understand it is relatively simple to re-install it if you want to. See https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-r...in-windows-10/

Leave a comment:

• Framon
    replied
    Thank you for addressing my concern, Geryfox.
    I also use Firefox (100.0.2) but I uninstalled Edge with an uninstaller. Maybe it's because of that.
    I have to admit that I don't mind this mention as everything works normally anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by Framon View Post
    ...However, the statement "The browser you are using does not support the Google Maps JavaScript API. We recommend that you change your browser" is displayed...
    I thought that the U2022 15.1.0.2910 update to have the Map panel use Microsoft Edge WebView2 in place of Internet Explorer had fixed that, and I've certainly not experienced that warning message here in either build 2910 or the current build 2922.

What is your default browser, and have you updated your U2022?. (I'm currently using Firefox 100.0.2).

Leave a comment:

• Framon
    replied
    I don't know if this will help anyone:
    I've noticed before that photos in a directory don't show up on the map.
    After right clicking on one of them and clicking on "Map" / "Show on map" ("Carte" / "Afficher sur la carte" in French version), it appears on the map.
    Then, to show the location of the other photos, I just had to close and restart U22.
    However, the statement "The browser you are using does not support the Google Maps JavaScript API. We recommend that you change your browser" is displayed...
    Last edited by Framon; 05-29-2022, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brajaq
    replied
    Finally : I reinstalled U2022 over itself (without removing it before), map pane is back ! Parameters, exports and ... are not lost of course.

Leave a comment:

• brajaq
    replied
    Internet connection is OK as you can see with this message. The pane no longer appears (3 days now). I did not find any log file to look at.
    The map pane usually works (I had the problem once), now it never appears. If there were an easy way to backup Ul2022 pramaters (ALL) I would try to reinstall.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by brajaq View Post
    The search for location field does not appear. Full map panel is empty.
    Interesting.
    If you look at the screen shot posted in carabs original post, the "search for location" entry box was present, though the map below it was blank.

The "Search for location" doesn't appear if there is no internet connection, but in that case here there is also the message shown below
    Click image for larger version

Name:	NoInternet.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	60796
    I wonder whether this could be an issue at the internet service provider end, rather than something in the WebGL api?

Leave a comment:

• brajaq
    replied
    The search for location field does not appear. Full map panel is empty. I submitted to support. (same today).

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by brajaq View Post
    Same thing today, could not get it working (restart PC, deleting temp cache, restarting ACDsee...), internet connection is working, No gremlins.
    Maybe they should try Openstreetmaps or ...
    I fortunately haven't experienced that problem here in Ultimate 2022, build 2922, however out of interest, what happens if, when the map is blank, you click into the "Search for Location" and type in a local street or suburb name?. That would normally force the map to update to show that area.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X