Keyword error correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyword error correction

I have inadvertently entered a keyword that is a first and last name separated by two spaces. I have many files that contain the keyword with both one space and two spaces. Searching for the keyword with two spaces doesn't work because is seems to ignore extra spaces. Anyone have an idea of how to correct this?

Select all the photos and remove both versions, then reapply the correct version, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by kdota View Post
      I have inadvertently entered a keyword that is a first and last name separated by two spaces. I have many files that contain the keyword with both one space and two spaces. Searching for the keyword with two spaces doesn't work because is seems to ignore extra spaces. Anyone have an idea of how to correct this?
      If you are referring to ACDSee Keywords, then:-
      (a) In Manage Mode, Properties pane, Organize Tab, you will see both versions of the keyword.
      As they will appear together, you can see which one has the two spaces

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred Blogs.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	60784

Right click on the one with two spaces, select edit, and temporarily change the keyword to something else. For example change "Fred Blogs" to "FredB". That will change the keyword in all the database entries that have the double space version.

(b) In the Catalog pane, Keywords section, select "FredB". ACDSee will display all of the images that have the keyword "FredB"
      (c) Use Ctrl + A to select them all
      (d) Using the Properties/Organize Tab, Assign the correct Keyword
      (e) Using the Properties/Organize Tab, untick the incorrect keyword (Click on OK in the Unassign warning tab)

(f) Important. Don't forget to embed the changed metadata before deselecting the images
      (g) In the Properties/Organize pane, right click on the double space keyword and select Delete

Comment

Two great suggestions, thanks. I'm traveling right now but I will try them when I get back home and post the results.

Comment

Hi Greyfox,

Is your keyword renaming step required because the keywords are embedded into the file metadata which causes a conflict? I did a quick test, and I was able to just reassign a photo with the double space version to the correct keyword (single spaced), then I just deleted the double-spaced keyword version without having to rename any of the keywords. Note: I did not embed the keywords into file metadata. Just curious...

Hector

Comment

Originally posted by hectorsm View Post
            Hi Greyfox,

Is your keyword renaming step required because the keywords are embedded into the file metadata which causes a conflict?
            No it isn't required.
            If you select the double spaced "Fred Blogs" in the keywords section of the catalog tab to bring up all the images that have that keyword, then select them with Ctrl + A, then as you say you can simply assign the single spaced "Fred Blogs" keyword to them, then remove the double spaced keywords. That operation only affects the database entries so doesn't create any conflict with embedded metadata.

I just documented the way I did it. Your way also works and is simpler.

Either way, if you embed the metadata in your images, as I do, you still need to re-embed the metadata after making the changes.

Comment

Working...
            X