X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeidiX
    • May 2022

Filter by image color? or Color depth?

LOVING this product, but have a question...

I'm trying to figure out if I can simply filter my cataloged images by black/white, grayscale, or full color without having to apply those terms as keywords on my images. If there is a way to filter by color depth, that would be OK too, but it's a little more extreme that what I need in this particular case.
  • Greyfox
    Ultimate Member
    • May 2020

Originally posted by HeidiX View Post
    LOVING this product, but have a question...

I'm trying to figure out if I can simply filter my cataloged images by black/white, grayscale, or full color without having to apply those terms as keywords on my images. If there is a way to filter by color depth, that would be OK too, but it's a little more extreme that what I need in this particular case.
    In Manage Mode you can use the Search Pane to set up individual saved searches for bit depth, which will then appear in the Catalog Pane, saved searches section, and can then be used as quick selects to bring up all of the images that comply with that search's requirement.

So you could for example set up Saved Searches for BPP is 4, BPP is 8, BPP is 16, BPP is 24, BPP is 32, BPP is 48, BPP is 64
    The search properties also allow for the "is" to alternatively be selected as "is not", "is less than", "is less than or equal to", "is greater than", "is greater than or equal to" , "is between".

In the search pane, properties box click on the add button, then expand Image Attributes and tick the BPP box. The key will default to "is 0". Change to what you require.
    You can then run the search directly by clicking on the Start button, or at the top of the pane, saving the search. The saved search will then appear in the Saved Searches section of the catalog pane. By clicking on the quick select icon to the left of the description it will display those images with that bit depth

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seved Searches.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	60822
    While you can select images by bit depth, that doesn't distinguish between for instance 8 bit grey scale and 8 bit color, so you may find it more convenient to assign your images to a set of custom categories.

Comment

• HeidiX
      • May 2022

Thank you, Greyfox. That helps!

Comment

Working...
      X