X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwest
    replied
    Thanks Greyfox.
    I guess it makes sense the timestamp is in UTC.
    Thanks again,

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by bwest View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but trying anyway.

I'm using a Nikon D500 and just started with SnapBridge on my mobile to get gps information.

I have noticed that a picture taken with Date/Time as 15/06/2022 7:12:59am will show GPS Datestamp as 2022:06:14 and GPS Timestamp as 23:12:38.
    Date/Time is 8 hours behind gps-date and time.

My mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy) is set to Automatic Time Zone and Set Timezone Based on Location.

Is it possible to batch-adjust the gps date-and timestamp to match Date/Time of the images ?

Although it is not really that important for me to see the date- and timestamp in the gps information, it is somehow puzzling.

As always, any help and suggestion is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    GPS times are nominally UTC times, and should be left as such.
    I use the term nominally because GPS and UTC times were apparently identical on January 6th 1980, but now differ by some seconds (18 at end of 2021) due to leap year corrections applied to UTC.

In the Exif Standard v2.3, GPSDateStamp (Tag ID 29) and GPSTimeStamp (Tag ID 7) are both stated to be UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

Time stamps applied to image files by cameras/smart phones are usually local times, so can differ to UTC time by both the time zone offset, and also possibly by any daylight saving offset that is in effect at the time the shot was taken.

ACDSee can display the "GPSDateStamp" and "GPSTimestamp" in its "All Exif" metadata group (when that metadata is actually present), however neither is able to be edited within ACDSee.

If you really do want do change them, you can do so using ExifTool, but I personally don't think that is a good idea.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 06-14-2022, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bwest
    started a topic GPS Time

GPS Time

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but trying anyway.

I'm using a Nikon D500 and just started with SnapBridge on my mobile to get gps information.

I have noticed that a picture taken with Date/Time as 15/06/2022 7:12:59am will show GPS Datestamp as 2022:06:14 and GPS Timestamp as 23:12:38.
    Date/Time is 8 hours behind gps-date and time.

My mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy) is set to Automatic Time Zone and Set Timezone Based on Location.

Is it possible to batch-adjust the gps date-and timestamp to match Date/Time of the images ?

Although it is not really that important for me to see the date- and timestamp in the gps information, it is somehow puzzling.

As always, any help and suggestion is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Working...
X