Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Files from from HD to NAS?

Dear all,

I am a potential new acdsee client (moving from capture one) and I am leanring the software in the trial version.

In my current setup I have my files stored on the HD of the laptop from this year and from last year (year 2022 + 2021). When the year is finished I move the files from 2021 to my NAS. What is the best way to move the files so that all my changes (keywords, ratings, adjustments in developmend mode and edit mode) are copied to the NAS and are still available in acdsee? In capture one it was easy: I just had to copy the files in capture one (and not in the windows explorer).

Thanks,
    Peter

Originally posted by Peter123 View Post
    What is the best way to move the files so that all my changes (keywords, ratings, adjustments in developmend mode and edit mode) are copied to the NAS and are still available in acdsee?
    Either copy or move them using ACDSee (don't use Windows File Explorer or any other 3rd party product). ACDSee will keep any .xmp sidecar files paired with their image files and will retain your ACDSee keywords, etc.

Whilst not strictly necessary for this particular task, I personally recommend always embedding the ACDSee metadata in the images. That ensures ACDSee can build a new database using its Database\Catalog function to read back the metadata from the images if for some reason that becomes necessary.

Comment

Working...
    X