Thumbnail view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbnail view

Hi, any advise please.. have ACDSee ultimate 2022 on windows 11 all ok except cannot get the .acdc file to display a thumbnail in windows explorer...but displays it in ACDsee itself though. Anyone else come across this problem please? Have tried changing different personal preferences themes etc but no luck..thanks

Originally posted by dy8dale View Post
    ...cannot get the .acdc file to display a thumbnail in windows explorer.
    Windows 10 file explorer doesn't show them as thumbnails here either. Can't say it has bothered me that much. I've just put it down to them being a proprietary "project" files that possibly don't have embedded thumbnail images.

Comment

@ dy8dale: You are right. Microsoft should make a little effort, because afpub files for example (Affinity Publisher) are displayed correctly as thumbnails.

Perhaps a tip: right-clicking on the acdc file brings up the contents in ACDSee PicaView.
      Last edited by Framon; 07-30-2022, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Framon View Post
        @ dy8dale: You are right. Microsoft should make a little effort, because afpub files for example (Affinity Publisher) are displayed correctly as thumbnails.

Perhaps a tip: right-clicking on the acdc file brings up the contents in ACDSee PicaView.
        I doubt that functionality will be something that Microsoft will provide. That extension is not common enough. That support will usually need to come from the application package itself. Example, for my Nikon NEF file, I had to install the NEF codec from the Nikon website to see the thumbnails in the Windows explorer in Windows 10.

Hector

Comment

Working...
        X