Problems with Develop mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Develop mode

I've been taking a lot of close up photos in RAW and then stacking them in ACDsee and it's working beautifully, but I'm having other problems:
    In Develop:

I can't get settings from one RAW file to paste into another RAW file, it just doesn't work, have tried all sorts of ways of doing it and I don't get the blue boxes described, but the image icons do show that they have the saved settings I choose.

Also, I can't get the Lens correction to default to my Lumix 12-60mm lens in the EXIF , it keeps going back to the same camera but with a different 30mm lens. I've tried all sorts of ways to make it default and saved it and the one I want shows in the Manage Defaults with the Auto Apply checked, but when I go to another RAW file that it should change it to, it defaults back to the previous 30mm lens. And the EXIF does show the correct 12-60mm lens the camera has.

Originally posted by doane View Post
    In Develop

I can't get settings from one RAW file to paste into another RAW file, it just doesn't work, have tried all sorts of ways of doing it and I don't get the blue boxes described, but the image icons do show that they have the saved settings I choose.
    So you make your changes to the first RAW image, and in the Develop Presets, you click on the plus sign to add a new preset, the Save Develop Settings Preset dialog opens, you make sure all items are ticked (at least to start with), you give the preset a name and then click on OK.

Then for any other RAW (or otherwise) image, you have two options, the first s in manage mode, Select your images, click on Batch, then Batch Develop, scroll down until you find your custom preset, select it and then click on Develop. It should be applied to all selected images. The second option is to select another image, click on Develop, then from the Develop Presets on the right select your custom preset and again it should be applied to the image. With this second option you can see by the blue circle icon which adjustments have been applied.

Depending on the individual adjustment, the preset may not give the expected result. For instance if the adjustment is a change of hue via the color wheel, and the next image doesn't have any of the target color present, then the preset won't have any effect.

So if that isn't happening for you, perhaps post back a set of exact steps you are taking, along with the adjustment changes.

Also, I can't get the Lens correction to default to my Lumix 12-60mm lens in the EXIF , it keeps going back to the same camera but with a different 30mm lens.
    If you select one of your RAW images, and in Manage Mode, in the properties pane, Files Tab, in the EXIF Metadata (summary) what exactly is the Make and Model of the camera shown as, and what exactly is the Lens Model shown as. For the lens correction to be automatically applied in the Geometry Tab in Develop Mode, both of those have to match the settings you had when you click on Map Default. Also in the Map Default dialog, you should tick the "auto apply this mapped profile when entering Develop mode" box before clicking on OK. (You can also tick that box in the Manage Mapped Defaults dialog.

If it is not applying that to another RAW image from the same camera and the same lens, then can you post a screen shot of the Exif (summary) for the shot is isn't working with, a screen shot of of the Lens Correction dialog as it is when you first open it in the Geometry Tab in Develop, and a screen shot of the Managed Mapped Default dialog.

Comment

In develop mode, I right click on the picture from which I want to copy settings, select the second item in menu (in french "Traiter"), then : copy settings. I then right click on picture where settings should be applied, same menu item, paste settings. This also works in manage mode.

Comment

Originally posted by brajaq View Post
        In develop mode, I right click on the picture from which I want to copy settings, select the second item in menu (in french "Traiter"), then : copy settings. I then right click on picture where settings should be applied, same menu item, paste settings.
        Yes that works too. I think your "Traiter" refers to the Edit menu in the English version. It brings up the Copy Settings dialog which is very similar to the Save Develop Settings Preset (without the preset name entry). The "copy settings" method doesn't permanently save the settings like the "Save a preset" does though. Either way, if no changes have been made to any of the settings and they are on their default values, then when the saved settings, or the preset are applied to another image it won't make any changes.

Comment

Thanks, I use this only when several similar pictures have to be developped with similar settings (I do not need to permanently save the settings).

Comment

Also, I can't get the Lens correction to default to my Lumix 12-60mm lens in the EXIF , it keeps going back to the same camera but with a different 30mm lens. I've tried all sorts of ways to make it default and saved it and the one I want shows in the Manage Defaults with the Auto Apply checked, but when I go to another RAW file that it should change it to, it defaults back to the previous 30mm lens. And the EXIF does show the correct 12-60mm lens the camera has.
            I believe the default is a combination of camera and lens. Are those images taken with the same camera? Is the Lumix 12-60mm listed in the available lenses for your camera? What is the exact lens name in the EXIF, does it match exactly what shows in the lenses list?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

So you make your changes to the first RAW image, and in the Develop Presets, you click on the plus sign to add a new preset, the Save Develop Settings Preset dialog opens, you make sure all items are ticked (at least to start with), you give the preset a name and then click on OK.

Then for any other RAW (or otherwise) image, you have two options, the first s in manage mode, Select your images, click on Batch, then Batch Develop, scroll down until you find your custom preset, select it and then click on Develop. It should be applied to all selected images. The second option is to select another image, click on Develop, then from the Develop Presets on the right select your custom preset and again it should be applied to the image. With this second option you can see by the blue circle icon which adjustments have been applied.

Depending on the individual adjustment, the preset may not give the expected result. For instance if the adjustment is a change of hue via the color wheel, and the next image doesn't have any of the target color present, then the preset won't have any effect.

So if that isn't happening for you, perhaps post back a set of exact steps you are taking, along with the adjustment changes.

If you select one of your RAW images, and in Manage Mode, in the properties pane, Files Tab, in the EXIF Metadata (summary) what exactly is the Make and Model of the camera shown as, and what exactly is the Lens Model shown as. For the lens correction to be automatically applied in the Geometry Tab in Develop Mode, both of those have to match the settings you had when you click on Map Default. Also in the Map Default dialog, you should tick the "auto apply this mapped profile when entering Develop mode" box before clicking on OK. (You can also tick that box in the Manage Mapped Defaults dialog.

If it is not applying that to another RAW image from the same camera and the same lens, then can you post a screen shot of the Exif (summary) for the shot is isn't working with, a screen shot of of the Lens Correction dialog as it is when you first open it in the Geometry Tab in Develop, and a screen shot of the Managed Mapped Default dialog.
              Thank you, I'll try things again and get back to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Regor250 View Post

I believe the default is a combination of camera and lens. Are those images taken with the same camera? Is the Lumix 12-60mm listed in the available lenses for your camera? What is the exact lens name in the EXIF, does it match exactly what shows in the lenses list?
                Just one camera with one lens at this time. Lumix DMC-G85 with Lumix 12-60 3.5 supplied lens. It shows up correctly in all the EXIF lists for all the photos I've been taking. In ACDsee I select the exact same 12-60 lens but it keeps defaulting back to the Lumix 30mm lens... I's play around with this with Greyfox suggestions some more and see if I'm making some mistakes.

Comment

Just one camera with one lens at this time. Lumix DMC-G85 with Lumix 12-60 3.5 supplied lens.
                  As I understand it, the standard lens supplied with the Lumix DMC-G85 is a "Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Asph. Power OIS"

I have some sample RAW photos here from a DMC-G85 using that lens, and after selecting that lens in the Lens Correction dialog, and mapping it as default, it is being auto selected each time I open one of the sample photos in Develop Mode.(Ultimate 2022)
                  Note that both "Enable Lens Profile" and "Chromatic Aberration" are ticked in the Lens Correction Dialog, and that "Auto apply the selected mapped profile when entering Develop mode" is ticked and "Automatic Chromatic Aberration Correction is Enabled in the Manage Mapped Defaults dialog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lumix details.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	61301

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone, got it working... a bit odd, the RAW not saving to RAW, I save it to PSD each time. I understand the changes are saved in a side file though.

Comment

Working...
                    X