Infrared Channel Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infrared Channel Swap

Is there a way in ACDSee to swap channels for Infrared photography? I saw that somebody posted a similar question over a year ago but got no answer. So, thought I would ask again.

Originally posted by jkolker View Post
    Is there a way in ACDSee to swap channels for Infrared photography?
    If you are talking about a Red to Blue and Blue to Red channel swap done simply using the "Channel Mixer" adjustment that you would find in Photo Shop or Affiniity Photo (like the Affinity photo one shown below), then the answer is No..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Affinity Channel Mixer.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	61700

I currently don't have an in infra red modified camera, so am not across all of the processing methods used for infra red images, however I understand that after first setting the white point, an alternative method in Photoshop to the channel swap is to apply an Invert adjustment to the image, and then set the blend mode to either color or to hue. .

see the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeQbJSj3kGA

The equivalent in ACDSee Ultimate Edit mode appears to be
    (a) Duplicate layer
    (b) apply a negative adjustment Layer to the duplicated layer
    (c) set the blend mode to either "Color" or to "Hue"

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has actual infrared images whether this does give the same or similar results.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 09-07-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I may try this at some point. Thanks for your answer!

Comment

Working...
      X