setting default lensprofile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting default lensprofile

Need help setting the default lens profile. A lens I have never had keeps popping up and I can't get rid of it.
    Also could ACDSeetech move the lens selection window so it is completely displayed inside the main window. At present the slider is outside the window when full screen. PhotoStudio 2023

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    Need help setting the default lens profile. A lens I have never had keeps popping up and I can't get rid of it.
    It would help if you provided an example of the camera model and the lens model (as shown in properties pane, File Tab).

The first thing to establish is whether the camera/lens combination is actually supported in the current LensFun library used by Ultimate 2023.

1./ In Manage mode, Properties tab, make a note of the Lens Model as shown in the properties pane File Tab. The example shown below is for an image taken with a Sony A7R MK4

Click image for larger version  Name:	Camera Details.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	63409

2/. With the image thumbnail selected change into Develop Mode, then select the Geometry Tab.

3/. Tick the Enable Lens Profile in the Lens Correction panel. If the camera model is supported you should be able to set the Make and Model from the respective pull down menus.
    At this stage, the Lens model may well not be the one shown in step 1, in which case it is most likely the first one in the pull down list of Lenses.

4/.Open the pull down menu and look down the list of lenses for one that exactly matches the lens model shown in step 1. If it isn't in the list then that camera and lens combination is not present in the LensFun Library.

5. If it is present, select it. If that also makes the Chromatic Aberration tick box active, tick that, then click on the Map Default button
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Lens Correcton.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	63410

6. You should now see a Map Default dialog box. Tick the "Auto-apply this mapped profile when entering Develop mode". then click on OK.
    From now on when a RAW image from that camera/lens combination is opened in Develop mode, that Lens correction will be applied.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Map Default.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	63411

If your camera and lens combination is not in the current LensFun library, then it will not be possible to have correct auto lens correction.
    If that is the case, you could check whether someone else has submitted calibration photos for inclusion into a future release of the library, and whether the calibration has been done.
    If it has, you could patch the current library file for your version. There is lots of information both in this forum, and also on line generally about this subject.

Also could ACDSeetech move the lens selection window so it is completely displayed inside the main window. At present the slider is outside the window when full screen. PhotoStudio 2023
    As you can see from the screen shots above , the lens correct window is correctly displayed on my native 1920 x 1080 monitors.
    Again details of your monitor size, and a screen shot might help.

Comment

Thank you. Your detailed guide is perfect. It seems I have done all this several times but the default never seemed to stick. Both my camera (Olympus E-M1 Mark III) and lenses are supported.
      It now seems to work. I'll look more closely tomorrow.
      I may have discovered my "glitch". It seems that Enable Lens Profile has to checked to work properly. If unchecked the program will not go back and retro-correct, which is probably what I was trying to do.
      About the other problem of the drop-down menu from Lens: selection. About 1/5 of the window is beyond the active ACDSee window including the scroll bar. This means I have to reduce the size of the ACDSee window when working full screen. This applies to my 27" monitor and my laptop. It seems it should be easy to move the selection window permanently sideways a bit. I will send a screen shot tomorrow.

Comment

This post may be inactive as I am late in replying but I attach a screen shot to show how the lens selection window extends outside the program window. It seems unmovable. Quite inconvenient when working with the program full screen. Thanks for any help. Maybe this should be referred to Tech Support?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          I attach a screen shot to show how the lens selection window extends outside the program window. It seems unmovable. Quite inconvenient when working with the program full screen. Thanks for any help. Maybe this should be referred to Tech Support?
          With the default layout, and with the UI at full screen, the list of lenses opens within the main Develop screen, i.e. to the right and slightly down from its parent Lens correction pane, as shown in the screen shot below.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Default.jpg Views:	0 Size:	517.8 KB ID:	63669
          But because you have customized the layout, and docked the Lens correction pane against the right edge of the screen, it now is outside of the window. At full screen with a single monitor this cuts off part of the list, and with dual monitors it extends onto the second monitor.

It is arguably customary in that situation (where the parent panel is docked to the right of the UI, to have the list appear to the left of the parent panel, so it is worth bringing it to the attention of Customer Support at https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/form/.

But for the time being, all I can suggest is to use the default layout, as above, or maybe even something like the layout below,

Click image for larger version  Name:	Alternative.jpg Views:	0 Size:	509.2 KB ID:	63670

Comment

Thank you. It actually makes sense now. Unfortunately I like the develop, etc windows on the right side(not sure why!). Since I have two monitors I'll try putting ACDSee on the left screen to see how it goes. Or just live with it now that I understand how the lens correction works, thanks to you. At the least I'll stop being upset at why it works that way. I will mention it to ACDSee to see if they might be able to make a change. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X