X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divewizard
    started a topic VideoRecorder does not work

VideoRecorder does not work

When I try to user the VideoRecorder I get an error message that says "Failed with error 21: The device is not ready."

The app then opens up can connects just fine to the microphone on the web cam.

The web cam is Microsoft LifeCam. The control p[panel says everything is working under LifeCam Cinema Properties, Hardware.

The camera works great with Skype & AVS Video recorder.

I rebooted to see if that was an issue, no change.

As far as I can tell this software is a useless piece of junk.

• JeffM46
    replied
    Ajay,

I tried disabling acceleration, and the result was the same. Recorder fails if it is allowed to use the Nvidia graphics system. It's probably related to the dual graphics system in my laptop. Since I have a solution or workaround, I'm not planning to pursue the issue with HP unless other issues arise. I do appreciate your time and attention.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• ajayk
    replied
    Hi JeffM46,

I tried to reproduce this problem using a separate Nvidia machine but it worked fine. Can you please disable the screen recorder hardware acceleration in Tools -> Options -> General settings and try to save a recording again?

Let me know if this fixes the issue. If not, I would recommend contacting technical support about this issue.

Thanks,
    Ajay
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• JeffM46
    replied
    Ajay,

I'm using an HP Envy laptop (I7, 16 GB, Intel HD620 and Nvidia MX150 w/2 GB VRAM) Window 10 Home 1809. The screenshots show the error message when using the MX150 and the Nvidia control panel where you can set which graphics processor a program uses ... Auto, High performance, or Integrated. This was new to me, and I think it's unique to performance laptops. It allows the lower power demand integrated graphics to be used when possible to extend battery life.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• ajayk
    replied
    Hi JeffM46,

Welcome to ACDSee forums. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Video Studio 3. In order to help you, I would like to ask a few questions:
    1) Do you get any specific error or warning when trying to capture screen using the recorder?
    2) Can you please share a screenshot of settings where you disabled the recorder from using MX150 graphics options?
    3) What operating system are you using?

Thanks,
    Ajay
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• JeffM46
    replied
    I had trouble with Recorder not being able to create or render a video on my HP laptop. It has both Intel HD620 and Nvidia MX150 graphics processors and switches based on the graphics demand of various programs. When I prevent Recorder from using the MX150, it then worked.

Leave a comment:

• dslrpundit
    replied
    Hi Divewizard,

We are looking into this problem, appreciate the patience.

Sincerely,
    Aj
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• giofede
    replied
    Hello, any news?
    My acdsee video recorder is still crashing and I can't use it at all

Leave a comment:

• divewizard
    replied
    If I try to turn on the webcam switch I get this error message.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• divewizard
    replied
    It sees the microphone on the lifecam, but not the camera.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dslrpundit
    replied
    Hi Divewizard,

Thank you for all the screenshots. You mentioned that VS2 only detects the microphone part of the webcam. Can you please send a screenshot of the enabled microphone dropdown in VS2?

Again, appreciate your help and time.

Sincerely,
    Aj
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• divewizard
    replied
    Here is more system info
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• divewizard
    replied
    Originally posted by dslrpundit View Post

Hi divewizard,

Are you using Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 on Windows 10?

On the microsoft camera it says "wide angle f/2.0 HD lens - 720p HD 30FPS - Autofocus - widescreen" It is a Win 10 pro system.

see attachments
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• giofede
    replied
    Originally posted by dslrpundit View Post
    Hi Giovanni,

Please share the following info so that we can look into this issue for you:
    1) Operating system
    2) Video card or graphics card info
    3) Your monitor screen resolution.

Thanks
    Aj
    ACD Systems

Hi and thanks for your reply.
    I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 so the specs are:
    Video card: Intel Iris Graphis 540
    monitor screen: full hd on external monitor
    I have the i7-6650U CPU with 8GB Ram version.

Thanks,
    Giovanni

Leave a comment:

• dslrpundit
    replied
    Originally posted by divewizard View Post
    That is not the issue. I can reboot, with nothing else running, open ACDSee Video recorder first, and I get the same result. Yet when I open any other app that uses the camera they work.

Hi divewizard,

Are you using Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 on Windows 10?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X