Capturing a single frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing a single frame?

I've just installed the latest version of VS3. (3.0.0.219) Is there a way to capture a single frame from a video clip? My UltimatePhotoStudio 2018 can do this, but it won't single-step through the video.

I should mention, this is a Win10 64-bit laptop.

Hi ArtieDex,

Video Studio 3 selection sliders (red and green color) can select a certain frame inside a video, but unfortunately, you will not be able to save that frame in an image format like ACDSee Ultimate. The only output formats supported in Video Studio 3 are video ( MP4, MOV, M4V, WEBM) and Audio ( MP3).

I have attached a screenshot to show you how to use selection sliders for a particular frame. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
    Ajay
    ACD Systems

Comment

Thanks Ajay. So, would I be able to output a single frame as MP4, then open that 1-frame "video" in UPS and capture that frame? (Make sense?)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieDex View Post
        Thanks Ajay. So, would I be able to output a single frame as MP4, then open that 1-frame "video" in UPS and capture that frame? (Make sense?)

Yes, correct. Another way you can do is just pause the video on the frame you want to be extracted in Ultimate Photo Studio view mode and then click on extract frame. But if that frame is difficult to be paused with precision, then Video Studio 3 selection sliders technique will help.

Thanks
        Ajay
        ACD Systems

Comment

Yup. That's the problem with Photo Studio: precision pausing. I'm actually surprised that Photo Studio doesn't have better video transport controls, ie, single-frame, and that VS3 doesn't have the capture frame option. Both programs are made by the same company. Why not put those functions in both?

Comment

Working...
          X