X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greensabath
    replied
    Hi,

I am running Version 4.0 and have noticed that the Caption feature is very limiting. You can't apply any transitions or effects to captions. I've come up with a workaround for this, however. I create a PNG of my text and am able to import that into my Video track and apply all the effects/transitions that I want.

A wishlist feature for me would be to have a quick way to rasterize a caption so that it allows you to use all effects and transitions on it.

Thanks,
    Gage

Leave a comment:

• mcosgrove
    replied
    Hello redbird67,

Improved text capabilities is high on the list for the next version.

Regards,
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• redbird67
    replied
    Argh...finding this would have saved me several hours last weekend with the demo version. Overall, the software is great but really really need a text capability to including animations/transitions, etc. Any chance this is coming in an update?

Leave a comment:

• davido
    replied
    Hello Fiona,

The Caption tool was designed to be a subtitle or caption tool, so the font and text size are controlled globally. You currently cannot customize each caption/subtitle with a different font or size.We are currently considering a text tool for a future release.

Thanks,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Fionat29
    replied
    Hi there, since we're talking captions, is it possible to have several captions with different settings? I've played around with them but found that if you change a setting in one caption, i.e. font, colour, placement on the screen etc. all the captions change to be exactly the same settings. It's very frustrating. I've tried looking in the manual but there's no mention of it. Thanks for any help.
    Regards Fiona

Leave a comment:

• JeffM46
    replied
    Ajay,

Thanks for the tip. It works. FYI, I chatted online with ACDsee support twice, and they didn't know this.

Leave a comment:

• ajayk
    replied
    Hi JeffM46,

You can make the caption text transparent by making the opacity slider value to zero in Video Studio 3 caption settings. This will make your caption text appear on the media content without any solid colored background. I have attached a screenshot for reference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Ajay
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• JeffM46
    started a topic Wish list

Wish list

This is basically a good program with some amazing power, but Version 3 has a glaring omission. The Caption function has no way to set the text background to transparent, so your captions are always in a colored box rather than the text just floating on the video. Version 2 and every other editor I've ever used can do this. This is video editing 101. It needs a fix and soon.
Working...
X