Scale UI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale UI?

Is there any way to get the UI in Video Studio 2 to scale properly at higher desktop resolutions? It's just about useless at 4k because of the interface elements being too small to see.

I'm running Version 3 on a 4K laptop and found that it does NOT seem to respond to changing the Windows scale setting. Photo Studio does change text size properly but not Video Studio. It's been my general observance that ACDsee does not put the effort into its miscellaneous programs (Video Studio,Video Converter, etc.) that it does with the Photo Studio line. A video editor that doesn't work correctly at 4K is a big oversite.

Comment

Hi LMychajluk,

Welcome to ACDSee forums. Unfortunately, Video Studio 2 is not compatible with high DPI values on a 4k display monitor. Video Studio 3 is compatible with 4k monitors and different scaling ratio values (till 250).

Thanks
      Ajay
      ACD Systems

Comment

Hi JeffM46,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Video Studio 3 due to windows scaling ratio on a 4k display. When you change the 4k display scaling value (example: 175), did you sign out and sign in? It is highly recommended to close the application and sign out-sign in whenever windows scaling ratio is changed. Also, please note that video studio 3 supports a maximum scaling value of 250. Can you please share a screenshot if the problem still persists?

Thanks
        Ajay
        ACD Systems

Comment

Ajay,

I did a little more testing, and you're correct that VS3 does respond to Windows scaling up to 250%. The recommended scaling on my Laptop is 300%. Then again, 3840 x 2160 is pretty much overkill on the 13.3" screen I have. If they had a system with the same specs otherwise but with an HD screen, I would have gone that way. the UHD is also a battery killer.

Thanks,
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X