VOB files wont load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOB files wont load

When trying to load a VOB file to Video Studio 4 I get "... some files are not supported ...".
    Does anybody know which files are supported or how to persuade Video Studio 4 to read VOB files?
    Have tried Video Converter as well but it also fails to read VOB files.
    Many thanks, Dave.

Hello Dave,

The VOB format is currently not supported in Video Studio 4. The currently supported formats are:

Image formats: JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, HEIC
    Audio formats: WMA, MP3, AAC, WAV, AC3, OGG, M4A
    Video formats: AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, TS, MTS, M2TS, ASF, M4V, MPG, MPEG

Thanks,

​David
    ACD Systems

Comment

Thankyou davido, with this in mind I looked at the Video Converter Pro5 which is part of my package. This also cannot read vob files (as I said in my first post) but the specification on the ACDSee website shows the following: Supported Input Formats

• 3g2, 3gp, 4xm, asf, avi, avs, cpk, dif, dv, dxa, f4v, flic, flv, h261, h263, h264, m1v, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mjpg, mjpeg, mkv, mov, mp4, mpg, mpeg, mts, mtv, mve, mxf, nsv, nut, nuv, ogg, pva, r3d, rm, rmvb, roq, rpl, seq, smk, str, swf, thp, ts, vqa, vid, vob, vro, wc3, webm, wmv, y4m, yuv

Should I just accept that none of the ACDSee video software can access vob files and move elsewhere or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again, Dave.

Comment

Hello Dave,

So I looked into this issue a bit more and the VOB format is just a container format. So it contains a video and audio file that that could use a codec that is not supported by Video Converter Pro 5. If you look into your VOB file and see what codec is used for video and audio, see if its on the list of supported formats.

Thanks,

David
        ACD Systems

Comment

Thankyou again David.
          I have looked online to try and discover how to identify the files within the VOB package. All I can find is other file converters. My DVD recorder handbook is not helpful either.
          So, unless you have other suggestions, I think I will give up on this one.
          Many thanks, Dave.

Comment

Working...
          X