Newbie Question - Why is Final Rendered File So Big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question - Why is Final Rendered File So Big

Hi all, I just started using video studio and rendere my first file. I started with 2 mp4 files and made a final rendered file.
    I have added a static caption, also cut out sections to make the file length shorter, and 2 small video transitions.
    The final file appears to be a huge 14GB. Am I missing some thing obvious here?
    file 1 is 2GB 1hr 40min 1280x720p Mp4
    file 2 is 2.7GB 2hr 19min 1280x720p Mp4
    Final render 14GB 1hr 23min 1280x720p Mp4

Hi AndrewW,

Thank you for your feedback. Could you please answer the following questions:

1) When you produced your video, what were the settings in your Detailed Settings dialog? (This can be found by clicking Produce and Share. In the Production Assistant dialog, click Detailed Settings).
    2) Does the same type of issue happen when you produce using other videos in your project?

Thanks,

Dylan L.
    ​​​​​​​ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan L View Post
      Hi AndrewW,

1) When you produced your video, what were the settings in your Detailed Settings dialog? (This can be found by clicking Produce and Share. In the Production Assistant dialog, click Detailed Settings).
      2) Does the same type of issue happen when you produce using other videos in your project?
      Hi details are as follows:-

Detailed Settings
      Format: MP4
      Video Parameters
      Codec:H264 Size: 1280 x 720
      Bitrate:high (30000 kbps) Frame rate: 29.97 fps

Audio Parameters
      Codec: AAC Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
      Channel: 2(stereo) Bitrate: 128 kbps

and this is the first video so I dont have anything to compare. I just would not think it would be greater that the sum of the original files and the time is shorter.

Comment

Hi AndrewW,

Thank you for your quick response. Based off your settings, it appears that you may be trying to produce a video with a much higher bitrate than the two original videos you used in the project. One way to confirm this is to go into Windows Explorer and open your original videos' properties. In the Details tab, check the Total Bitrate field.

In the Detailed Settings in Video Studio, please try decreasing the Video Parameters' Bitrate to either Medium (10000 kbps) or Low (5000 kbps). By doing so, the produced video's file size will be much less than before.

Thanks,

Dylan L.
        ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan L View Post
          Hi AndrewW,

Thank you for your quick response. Based off your settings, it appears that you may be trying to produce a video with a much higher bitrate than the two original videos you used in the project. One way to confirm this is to go into Windows Explorer and open your original videos' properties. In the Details tab, check the Total Bitrate field.
          Hi, I think thats the solution. My original files have data rate of 2500 kbps. Thanks A

Comment

Working...
          X