Administrator Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator Problem

Seems every time I try to cut or move something within ACDSee, I get a message that tells me "I need to provide administrator permission." I am the administrator (and only one) on my computer so I don't know what the problem would be. I just switched over to Windows 10. But I am still shown as the Administrator. Is there somewhere in ACDSee that I need to change something because I couldn't find.

Originally posted by Norma View Post
    Is there somewhere in ACDSee that I need to change something?.
    Hi Norma - No, this is strictly a Windows issue. And, I have a milder version of the same annoying security nonsense. I wish I could tell you how to really fix it -- maybe some other users can jump in here and add some knowledgeable advice. The one trick that I know that does make a difference is to use the "Run as administrator" option when you launch the program. If you discover anything else, please post back with that info.

Comment

Sorry for the delay...would that "run as administrator" be in the tools section. I can't seem to find anywhere to check it out.

Comment

I am having the same problem. Whenever I try to delete a file I am told that ACDSee needs administrator rights. If I click Continue and then give Administrator rights the file is deleted. However it is most inconvenient to go through this every time. It worked properly yesterday I think. Does anyone have a solution?

Comment

Hi,

Please see my post in another forum topic: https://forum.acdsee.com/forum/main-...3489#post53489

Thanks,
          Tristan H.
          ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
          X